Drumroll...we have the final three - Florence, Victoria or Henrietta

(50 Posts)
emmyloo2 Fri 12-Apr-13 03:29:11

After much discussion and twoing and froing, we have locked in the final three for our DD due in 6 weeks.

Florence
Henrietta
Victoria

Middle name will be Catherine and DS is George so I would like it to go with George.

Thoughts, input much appreciated!

Thanks

Sunnysummer Sun 14-Apr-13 00:46:20

Henrietta! Etta is cute, but I love Henry as a girl's nickname, it always makes me think of a gorgeous 1920s Katharine Hepburn type who flies planes for fun wink

The others are also lovely and classic, but there are SO many little Florences right now, and so many Victorias at every age (and agree with previous posters about the almost-inevitable Vicky, although I know a Vix, which is much more fun!)

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 14-Apr-13 00:53:45

Victoria was my arch nemesis when I was a kid! <<shudders>>

thermalsinapril Sun 14-Apr-13 01:33:57

Ivy is nice too!

DessieLou Sun 14-Apr-13 03:54:17

Definately Henrietta! And I love it even more now with the suggestion of Etta as a nn! Gonna put that on my list. grin
Henrietta Catherine is gorgeous!
Florence is in second place followed by Victoria. She will inevitably be Vicky which is just awful (the Vickys I knew at school were all known as Sticky Vicky hmm)

fussychica Sun 14-Apr-13 16:42:18

Florence for me - then Henrietta, then Victoria. Whichever goes best with your surname.

KittenOfDoom Sun 14-Apr-13 23:01:48

Victoria.

I really dislike the other two.

Still18atheart Mon 15-Apr-13 19:37:33

Victoria - Love love love
Henrietta - Love
Florence - Meh

WeAreSix Mon 15-Apr-13 19:44:00

One of them is my name ;)

Interesting to hear other people's opinions on it...

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 15-Apr-13 19:49:44

I like Victoria the best- I also really love ivy too smile
If you like those both you might also like iris, Elizabeth, or Elsie

Wishfulmakeupping Mon 15-Apr-13 19:51:54

If I were to have another dd Victoria would be a possible don't like vicky at all so I would be encouraging the nickname Tori

Thirstysomething Mon 15-Apr-13 20:12:20

My sister is called Tor, she has never been Vicky! I dont think Bocky is inevitable if you dont like it... If I called a dd Victoria, I think Vivi is sweet - or Plum would have been great except my dd2 is known as Plum despite her name having no connection with plums at all!

Thirstysomething Mon 15-Apr-13 20:12:49

Vicky not Bocky!

KittenOfDoom Mon 15-Apr-13 22:54:03

Tori is dreadful, but there is no need to shorten Victoria. I've never heard the Beckham one shortened, for instance.

emmyloo2 Tue 16-Apr-13 08:30:02

Thanks all. I think it's down to Victoria or Henrietta now. I have promised DH I won't speak of it again until I am 38 weeks (another 3 weeks) and then I will tell him which I have chosen....Poor sod is tired of me changing my mind.

My gut feeling is that I will go with Victoria because I just love it with George but I prefer the nicknames for Henrietta.

I just don't know how easy it will be to avoid Vicky for Victoria or whether we could push for another nicer nickname or just no nickname at all....

GibberTheMonkey Tue 16-Apr-13 08:46:50

Another vote for Henrietta

thegreylady Tue 16-Apr-13 09:50:52

Henrietta is absolutely gorgeous and goes beautifully with George. Florence is very popular now whereas Victoria is very 80's I think and she will certainly be Vicky at school. My cousin's dd is Victoria (born 1975) and she wanted Tori as a nn but as soon as she went to school it became Vic or Vicky. There was a nasty phase when some boys used to shout "hey Vicks rub my chest!"
Please go for Henrietta :-)

MooMe Tue 16-Apr-13 11:13:39

I like Florence.
Victoria is a bit too classic for my taste but still v nice.
Re Henrietta, I agree with thermalsinapril- prim and harsh. Don't like it at all.

Fifi2406 Sat 20-Apr-13 14:01:10

Henrietta!!!!!!!! ❤

Knuffels Sat 20-Apr-13 20:22:20

With regards to nns, we have a Florence and she's Floss or Flossie. My bf is a Victoria and she's Vix or Vixen to her friends and Tor at home. Henrietta is my least favourite of the three, but I love Etta as a nn for it!
I would maybe wait until you see her, Floss was going to be an Isobel, but she just didn't look like one when she came out.

squoosh Sat 20-Apr-13 20:38:01

Victoria is so much nicer that Henrietta.

SO much nicer.

simplesusan Sun 21-Apr-13 23:03:28

I think Victoria is the nicest.
Henrietta reminds me of the woman in Four Weddings and a Funeral.

JumpingJackSprat Sun 21-Apr-13 23:10:01

Love victoria. i know one and shes either vicky, tor or toria.

moreyear Sun 21-Apr-13 23:12:03

I am in NZ and I know about 50 little Florences, it is a lovely name though. I prefer Henrietta to Victoria.

PunkyPod Tue 23-Apr-13 10:57:31

I'm a Victoria! My family don't shorten it but amongst my friends I'm Vix or V. I'm NOT a Vicky and no one calls me it.

PunkyPod Tue 23-Apr-13 10:59:44

Btw I've never had any teasing about being called Victoria and all the other ones I know haven't either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now