Girls Name That Goes With Chloe

(64 Posts)
MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 01:59:19

Having a few issues (mainly with family members) over choosing a nice name for our second child-it's been hinted by ultrasound technician that we're having a girl but won't be confirmed until 20wk scan....regardless we have settled on a boys name but our current girls name of choice has gone done like a lead balloon with both sides of our family!

We already have a little girl (3.8) called Chloe Elizabeth and our current name for baby-if girl-is Lucinda,which we will mostly shorten to Luci (as in Lucy) but none of our family like it even though me and my DH love it! What also adds to the debate within the family over Lucinda is that family all like the name Lucy but just not Lucinda! Problem is that the name Lucy is terribly common here in Essex and while we are happy for our (potential) DD2 to be called Luci (Lucy) as a nn we simply just don't want her to BE a Lucy,if that makes sense!? If she gets called other varying nn such as Luce,Cindy or Cinderella (as my sister mocked) then that's fine by us,just don't want an "official" Lucy for a dd and think Lucinda makes a lovely longer variation on such a common name! Please tell me someone can see our point and agrees with us?!

Also we would like some other names to consider,just in case something else takes our fancy or something we could use as a middle name please? All names beginning with C are out as are any popular names and Alice is already on our list of possibilities.....also after reading loads of threads on here the name Orla is out and so are all the "granny" names-such as Margaret and we don't want anything unisex or too unusual or difficult to pronounce/spell. Probably doesn't leave many names left really but we're really fussy!

T.I.A xxx

LeChatRouge Fri 12-Apr-13 13:42:12

Jemima?

I think you should call her whatever you like. Choose something you both love and stop asking them all. The ones who are parents called their babies their choices and the others will choose names for their babies in the future. You might like some of them, you might not. It doesn't matter.

If you like Lucinda, then go for it.

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 14:37:03

Jemima is out as my name is gemma so sounds too close and will get confusing having 2 gems/jems in the house lol! Orla is out as spellcheck keeps wanting to put oral and generally not keen on it tbh. Faye is out as that's my dhs ex who has caused us quite a lot of trouble in the past so its a "never in a million years" name for us along with Faith as it sounds similar. The other names suggested are nice but again we know people with those names...sorry we are super fussy,dh especially hard to please,was amazed he even liked Lucinda! Jessica was my childhood choice of dd2 name if I grew up to have 2dds but dh little sister is called that so its out and dh,being a typical man,had never really thought about having kids or what he would call them so he's not been much help expect saying "no" to 98% of names I've come out with lol!
I quite liked Jennifer but then dh said "jenny" a la forest gump and that put me right off lol!xx

forgetmenots Fri 12-Apr-13 14:46:24

Ah no probs if you're not keen, spellcheck not bothering me (thought I had missed something! Blame the hormones!) smile

Lucia? Lydia?

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 15:27:23

The spell check thing only bothers me as being Gemma means spell check constantly wants to put gamma and it drives me nuts so don't want to burden my child with the same problem,its also another reason why I want Lucinda over Lucy. Lucy is soo common here I know she would be constantly known as Lucy B or Lucy Burrows through school and maybe even at work later in life and I was one of 3 Gemmas in my year (and usually class-talk about poor register selection!) So was known as Gemma C (as I was then) And even when I left school and went to work there was always at least 2 of us Gemmas in every job I've had so once again I was known as Gemma C/B or Gemma with a G and I wanted to scream everytime I was referred to in those ways so on principle I point blank refuse to have a common/popular name for my child to avoid such annoyance through life lol. Lucinda is unusual and I've never heard of anyone with that name so through life my dd would be known in her own right as lucinda and not just another luci,even if that is what everyone will call her as a nn on a daily basis! It makes sense in my head lol.

Lucia has been added to our list of considerations but just got a feeling that not matter which way we choose to have it pronouced (loo-sha or loo-see-a) there will always be people pronouncing it the other way to our choice confused and it will drive me insane....as for Lydia,we know a lydia,she's an old work friend and now my hairdresser! I know there's nothing wrong with calling a child the same name as someone you know-like I said,we know 6 Chloes but still called our dd1 that,but really want something "unique" and pretty unheard of but still easy to say and spell,preferably with only one pronounciation,this time around....weirdly although you'd think you can't go wrong with chloe,I have a great aunt who still spells it cloe and my nan is austrian and really struggled to say chloe for a while and was calling her cho-loe....so something simple but different if definitely the route we're going down smile xx

pod3030 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:30:53

Amber or Thea go well with Chloe

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 15:40:40

We know an Amber and don't like Thea at all,sorry! Too fussy for our own good I think lol!xx we're thinking tahlia for a middle name so would be Lucinda Tahlia .... Still not sure though,middle name keeps changing! There's no family names we want to use so its causing a lot of debate due to dh being sooo fussy! Any suggestions as to what would make a nice middle name to lucinda? Obviously Elizabeth is out as its dd1s middle name xx

Gwennan Fri 12-Apr-13 15:46:25

How about Adelaide, Antonia, Arabella, Beatrix, Eliza, Elodie, Emmeline, Fiona, Francesca, Isadora, Georgina, Joanna, Marina, Miranda, Natasha, Rosalie, Rosalind, Sabrina, Samantha (I never hear of any these days), Saskia, Serena, Susannah, Tabitha, Victoria, Violet? I'm trying to think of names with 3 or more syllables such as Lucinda that have decent nickname potential!

I think Lucinda is fine though! Luci really jars with me for some reason but I like Lucy and Lucie.

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 16:08:02

I like adelaide,not keen on the others/know people with some of those names. Eliza crossed my mind but dh said no! Dh brothers girlfriend wasn't called Samantha we would of considered it! I think its probably because Luci looks worng/unfinished but I like it as it doesn't change they spelling of her name,just drops the nda off.xx

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 16:12:04

I did really like Tabitha but dh said no as it sounds like a cat! Starting to wish he didn't have a sister called jessica,would of made this whole name choosing process soo much easier lol!xx

thegreylady Fri 12-Apr-13 16:17:19

Annabel
Tamsin
Felicity
Lola or Laura
Sukey or Sadie
Martha

crocodilesmiles Fri 12-Apr-13 16:25:17

Megan
Sarah
Sophie
Daniella
Natasha
Holly
Emma
Laura
Enya

FWIW - I think you should try to ignore others and go with Lucinda x

bridgetsmum Fri 12-Apr-13 16:27:44

How about Lucina?

Loo-see-na, smilex

minicreamegg Fri 12-Apr-13 16:30:24

I have a Chloe and I'm pregnant again, if its a girl my list is
Sophie
Amber
Olivia
Niamh

Caitycat Fri 12-Apr-13 16:39:12

I have an Alice which I see is on your list, options for dd2 are Freya, Susannah (Susie), Katherine (Katie)

buttercrumble Fri 12-Apr-13 16:42:22

Abigail.

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 16:50:30

I really like Megan but dh hates it and made the point that his dads dog is called Megan so its put us both off sad I did suggest emma,I love it and wish it had been my name,but its far too close to my name so would get confusing for everyone in conversation so we scratched that one off the list. Don't know any holly,enya or lucinas but know people with all the other suggested names and not keen on enya or lucina,think lucina would annoy me as I'd constantly want to put the d in it to make it lucinda! Even typing it I've had to correct it everytime lol! I quite like holly for a middle name though,dh not so keen on it as all her thinks when he hears the name Holly is "Willough-booby" thanks to Keith Lemon and Celebrity Juice lol!xx

mrstowers Fri 12-Apr-13 18:17:24

Eleanor or Emily

Coconutty Fri 12-Apr-13 18:24:09

Lucinda is very, very popular here (Bucks) so be warned that if you are trying to avoid a popular name then Lucinda/Lucy wouldn't fit the bill. Most get shortened to LuLu or Lucy.

almostanotherday Fri 12-Apr-13 18:35:51

Marie

smile

MortifiedAdams Fri 12-Apr-13 18:40:26

I have the same name as you OP and dd is Meg. We also like Alice, Pippa, Louisa, Harriet, Sofia, Ingrid if any of those take your fancy.

I dont like Lucinda (but I dont have to!) but my families opinion wouldnt really count to me as log as I loved the name!!

seriouscakeeater Fri 12-Apr-13 18:47:13

I like orlath but my friend stole it! So dd will be called lucy, which im a bit hmm now as its quite common apparently! Lucinda might remind them of the page 3 model back in the day...???

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 18:53:17

I'm in essex and have never known or heard of anyone called Lucinda so it will be very unusual and unique down here so I don't have to worry about that. Lucy on the other hand is 10 a penny as they say so while I'm happy for her to be called lucy/luci,lulu,luce,cindy,ect as a nn I simply refuse to have lucy as her official name,I want her to have something that will set her apart from all the plain lucy's she'll no doubt meet in nursery/school/work/life in general.

Eleanor and other variations of that name are out as dh sister is called ellie (and he hates her). We know a quite few emilys,its another common name here along with amelia,ruby,scarlett,lexi,lola,mia,tia,chanel,chantel and my personal now most hated name-lilly,in all its various spellings. May/Mae for a middle name is out the window due to how common its become and Rose is becoming very iffy due to the common mn factor also...one of the joys of essex being the home of many a teenage mum is that they all call their kids the same names instead of coming up with something a little bit different! Don't get me wrong the names are beautiful and lovely and we would of considered most of them but how common they've become round here makes them massively off putting and big no-nos for us sad xxx (just to clarify,me and my dh are not teenagers-we're both 25,married for 4yrs and this will without doubt be our last child! 2 is all we've ever wanted!)Xx

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 19:03:12

My best friend has already picked Marie out as her chosen name if she has a girl so I won't steal it off her,and I know a maria. Alice and Louisa are already on our list but I know a pippa,harriet,ingrid and sophia :s xx

Page 3 model called lucinda? Well I've never heard of her but no doubt my dd1 and this dd will inherit big busts as they run in both sides of the family so I guess it kinda suits lol! My dds are certainly not going to be "getting them out for the lads" in mags and papers though! Dh will go mental if they ever suggest it when they grow up lol!xx

Coconutty Fri 12-Apr-13 19:06:18

How funny, Essex is only an hour down the road! Must be a local thing. Good name though, prefer LuLu to Lucy, just because so Lucy reminds me of that girl off TOWIE.

MummyBurrows Fri 12-Apr-13 19:19:41

Yea its really strange! Although I guess it could be common in parts of essex closer to bucks as I'm right on the coast and very close to suffolk (literally 15mins down the road!) Now you've said it I'd rather avoid any links to towie so perhaps lulu would be better as a nn than luci/lucy! I can't stand towie!! That show is nothing like the real people of essex! We look and sound nothing like those orange drama queen muppets!! We're also not that dumb either!! They've given all us essex lot a bad name with that show sad xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now