Baby girl due in 3 days, still no name. Help!

(102 Posts)
aufaniae Mon 08-Apr-13 11:46:56

I'm struggling to find "the one". Ideally I'd like something which goes with DS's name, which we love. DS's name is:

- Celtic (our DCs have have strong Scottish & Welsh heritage, and also Irish if you go a bit further back).

- pre-Christian

- has an interesting story attached

- is not a top-100 name

DD's name doesn't have to meet all (or any!) of those criteria, but it'd be nice if it did.

Probably totally outing myself as a hippy at heart! But I have this image of her as a windswept, independent young girl standing on a hill, out in the elements, leaning into the wind (no idea where this image came from, but it's persisted in my head while pregnant). I also had a dream in which her name was Estelle, and also Star. I wouldn't use either of these in RL, but the meaning star is nice.

Back to reality, we had a 4D scan. She looks like her brother - very full lips. When I saw her the word "rosebud" pupped into my mind, although this is not something I'd use in RL.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

twinklestar2 Sun 28-Apr-13 20:45:40

What did you end up calling your daughter, auf, come back and tell us :D

MiniPenguinMaker Mon 29-Apr-13 12:03:14

I'm desperately curious too! I really liked the OP's description of what she wanted in a name, and I'd love to know what was picked in the end smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now