Please help us name DS2

(23 Posts)
HappyJustToBe Thu 04-Apr-13 21:57:38

I think they are all lovely but don't think Dexter fits as well with Noah as the others. Good luck smile

forgetmenots Thu 04-Apr-13 21:51:15

Love Miles and like Matthew too.

What about Jonah?

Matthew, Miles or Isaac.

Elias is lovely bit if MN is anything to go by, it's getting more popular if that matters to you. I like Ellis too.

goingwildforcrayons Thu 04-Apr-13 21:46:31

I vote for Matthew (lovely name with smart or casual options for when he grows up).

Sorry but Miles makes me think of Dr Crane (Frasier) and Dexter of Dexter Fletcher fame.

If it helps, his son is not Elijah, just Eli smile

idiot55 Thu 04-Apr-13 21:37:19

MIller

Rudy

firstpost Thu 04-Apr-13 21:35:49

Thanks for feedback smile

Oh, love the name Milo - sadly dh says its not a "real" name! I think it may be the Irish version of Miles and DH is Irish so he should know better really.

Tristan and Finn are both good friends ds's, Reuben is dear friends husband, Luke is a lovely name but annoyingly the name of a significant ex. Love the name Joseph, nn Joe but DH says No <can you see a theme here?> Toby, James, Harry and Henry all friends ds's, not that close but close enough that it may be wierd?

Jacob was on the shortlist for DS1 but it seems to have got very common - as in frequently used - in these parts. Is Elias a bit "out there??" some luke warm responses from friends have made me think twice about it.

Matthew is an interesting one, when combined with our last name it does make the name v similar to that of a slightly famous actor who was once accused of doing something awful!! I am over thinking this but I would hate for that to be everyones first thought when they hear his name.

Damn Chris Evans, I was really leaning towards Elijah!

BedHanger Thu 04-Apr-13 21:25:02

My DS1 Noah's new little brother is Robin. We also had Tristan and Finn on our list. I can dig out more if you'd like? What about Milo?

thermalsinapril Thu 04-Apr-13 21:21:50

Isaac, Matthew or Miles.

firstpost Thu 04-Apr-13 20:41:57

Thanks guyssmile I didn't know about Chris Evans ! Spanner in works with elijah then as don't want to look like some crazed fan. I love some of the suggestions but lots ruled out due to friends kids / husbands / ex boyfriends. Why is naming baby boys so hard??? I have hundreds of lovely girls names <exaggerates>

fairieswearboots Thu 04-Apr-13 12:16:59

A vote for Miles .

Isaac is good too.

How about

Reuben

Jude

Luke

gillywillywoo Thu 04-Apr-13 12:06:39

Isaac smile

imonkey Thu 04-Apr-13 12:02:44

I'd go with Isaac

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 04-Apr-13 10:37:28

apologies - banging headache today = grumpy

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 04-Apr-13 10:37:08

Matthew, I am fed up hearing of Elijah and Issac and Jacobs - sorry.

Or how about Fin? Finlay?

Littlecherublegs Thu 04-Apr-13 10:31:53

Issac or Elijah.

Chris Evans has Noah and Eli if that bothers you at all?

I think I'd go for Isaac

...or Jacob but not keen on Jake

Joseph/Joe is very nice too.

MolotovCocktail Wed 03-Apr-13 21:44:25

Elijah is a beautiful name and goes well with Noah - I think the 'best' from your list. I really like Isaac, too. Matthew is lovely; I think it's manly, isn't as popular as it once was and is due another revival.

My least favourite on your list is Dexter as I don't like the sound and don't think that it goes with Noah. Not as keen on Miles, either.

You might also like:
Reuben
Toby
Ezra
James
Michael
Harry
Henry

CarriMarie Wed 03-Apr-13 21:40:31

Isaac.

baskingseals Wed 03-Apr-13 21:10:53

i also love Elijah - and Eli. that would be the one i'd choose.

I love Elijah and that would sound nice with Noah.

firstpost Wed 03-Apr-13 18:26:05

Lovely Mumsnetters

DS2 due in July but DH about to deploy and communication will be limited until the birth! We have ten days to choose a name smile DS1 is called Noah.

Our Shortlist is
Elias
Elijah
Isaac
Miles
Dexter
Matthew

Very happy to hear all feedback and new suggestions too

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now