A MASSIVE appeal to all users of the baby names threads

(19 Posts)
FriggFRIGG Fri 05-Apr-13 13:03:03

Cwtch I haven't had that baby yet grin

UhOh, there's going to be loads of zombie threads in BN, now.

Please may I add that it is not necessary to put "urgent" in your thresd title if you have 37.5 weeks to go, okay?

Was Tayo the tattoo one, EmZed!

Bigboybed Fri 05-Apr-13 12:31:52

Fair enough,I'll conclude my December post!

Cwtchbach Fri 05-Apr-13 12:21:07

What did you choose Frigg?! I was a supporter of Taliesin smile

GW297 Fri 05-Apr-13 02:40:49

I am very nosy too! I would update.

Maryz Fri 05-Apr-13 00:17:25

Well, to be fair silverfrog, I actually want them to come back to their own threads and tell me what they did. Especially the more, erm, opinionated threads.

But then I lost my nerve so politely said they could namechange if they wished.

But I don't really want to.

I want to know whether there are little Kermits and Bernards, Nigels and Boos, Emmé, Terosa or Amaries, Boscos and Tayos, just to mention a few I have read over the years.

Ezza1 Thu 04-Apr-13 23:59:26

Just added Kermit to my ever growing list...

TryingtobelessChunkyChick Thu 04-Apr-13 17:32:56

I think I did too, some time ago... smile

I asked about Georgina for a 2nd DD (1st is Eleanor) and then about boy's names because baby was a he grin

We went for Aaron George.

silverfrog Thu 04-Apr-13 17:32:22

um, sorry to be awkward, but how would you know what the context was (usually all important on babyname threads) if a poster namechanges to tell you "we chose Algernon"

the debate and discussion is half the fun, and without the result being linked to that, then there isn't much point in knowing the result (imo)

<maybe biased, as I didn't announce what we chose for ds last year - many thanks to everyone who helped though grin>

Mnhq should make this thread a sticky on baby names!

So did I

FriggFRIGG Thu 04-Apr-13 17:27:56

I did grin

baskingseals Wed 03-Apr-13 21:08:58

oh yes i second this idea.

also very nosy.

Jemimapuddleduk Wed 03-Apr-13 18:20:41

Hello we had a baby girl called Iris. She is 12 days old and ace. We were deciding between Iris or Constance but got an even split of comments I think. I was convinced it was going to be a boy so had posted about more boys names than girls.

umbrellahead Wed 03-Apr-13 18:18:02

First post under a name change so will divulge! DC2 was a girl and we named her Maya Scout smile

itsnothingoriginal Wed 03-Apr-13 17:47:41

Yes! I think some posters go to a lot of effort to suggest names and be helpful on here so it's only fair really grin

emmyloo2 Wed 03-Apr-13 08:21:21

Yes promise I will. I have posted that often on here that it's the least I can do!!

forgetmenots Wed 03-Apr-13 07:55:15

smile agreed.

Maryz Wed 03-Apr-13 00:53:49

Please, PLEASE PLEASE consider coming back and telling us what you have decided.

I just really want to know [nosy]

And if you don't want to tell us under your usual name, just come back under a made-up new name and say "thanks for your help, we decided on Kermit, or Renesmee or whatever.

I thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now