Lois

Greta

Hazel

Orion

Xavier

Cassius

really like Ike grin

KittenOfDoom Wed 03-Apr-13 20:21:15

I like Eden for a boy as a combination of your family names. It's unusual but not too out there, and is adaptable too if he doesn't like the name himself.

fussychica England Wed 03-Apr-13 20:03:55

Eden is interesting - I like it for boy or girl although I thought Aden when I read it in a male context. Think it would likely be shortened to Ed but it's unusual not silly.

TROGGY Wed 03-Apr-13 19:22:18

I work at a schl, and there is many Alfie's, stanley, harry's, jaydens, joshua, callums, finlays and now its ronnie, riley's (girl and boy), .We even have a romeo, prince, moses. My 2 lads are called Beau and Ike. If I had a girl I would have called her Estee. I pulled their names out of a hat, and i got what i wanted, phew..

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 03-Apr-13 12:04:45

Axel
Dieter
Laurence
Nils
Tyrone

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 03-Apr-13 12:03:06

Colette
Danielle
Greer
Ingrid
Lara
Opal
Paz
Roxanne
Virginia
Zoe

cmh18 Wed 03-Apr-13 09:32:26

Thanks for the feedback on Eden, I saw it on a list of names and assumed boy, oh tells mr there's a Belgian footballer with that name ( that appeals to me as my name is Belgian due to my grandparents being from there). I like ember but I think of it as a word not a name, I'd thought about amber but oh doesn't really like it xx

MortifiedAdams Wed 03-Apr-13 09:27:46

What about Ember for a girl?

AnythingNotEverything Wed 03-Apr-13 09:25:26

I know a baby boy who is an Eden, and it never struck me as a girl's name!

I'm having similar problems. My name was unusual growing up (very popular now, but mine is spelled in an unusual way). My husband has a very common name for his generation, and I (like you) want something kind of unique, but dh thinks they're all too weird!

I like Eden though.

EdithWeston Wed 03-Apr-13 09:24:18

Eden is traditionally a boys name, but has been used on both because of an 80s soap, which also took the traditional Maryan girls name Cruz and put in on a male character. I's expect an unseen Eden to be a boy; but such is the grip of the telly, it's probably unisex now.

cmh18 Wed 03-Apr-13 09:10:55

Fussychica, I agree about the school thing, I have an unusual name which most people say they've never heard, but its quite a simple/straightforward sounding name so it's never caused me problems. I wouldn't want something too over the top!! I did like Eden for a boy (my dads called Ed and my grandad was Denis) but most sites refer to it as a girls name sad xx

fussychica England Tue 02-Apr-13 19:30:31

Pick something that goes with your surname, suits a person not just a baby, remember if you go for something very unusual your child has to get through school - I think this is especially true for unusual boys names.

jellybeans Tue 02-Apr-13 17:56:05

Lucinda
Leonie
Briony
Rosa
Tabatha

Evan
Blake
Flynn
Quentin
Nico

DessieLou Tue 02-Apr-13 01:09:20

Ariella for a girl & Fifer for a boy :-D

RalphtheTimid Mon 01-Apr-13 17:20:01

April Agrima or Averil Aadi.

Girls-
Isis
Hera
Maeve
Calisto

Boys-
Cyril
Cecil
Ranolph
Marius

EdithWeston Mon 01-Apr-13 16:59:36

So you want seeming that is definitely a name, but is not really in use for say under-40s at the moment?

Boys: Jessamy, Emerson, Godfrey, Aethelstan, Bede, Cuthbert, Roger, Kenelm?

Girls: Euterpe, Gertrude, Esperanza, Xaviera, Marjorie, Maxine, Foxglove?

cmh18 Mon 01-Apr-13 16:54:46

I have no idea, my list of names totals zero, had no idea it would be this hard!! X

Any particular culture? Long names/short names? Old fashioned or Modern? Nick Names or not?

Osbert
Irvine
Merrick

Rozelle
Audra
Celeste

cmh18 Mon 01-Apr-13 11:40:40

First baby is due in 9 weeks. My problem is I've not come across any names that I like or that I would want to call my baby. I've never met anyone with the same name as me so that makes it weird for me to give my baby a name that I've heard on other people. Definitely couldn't have a name that would appear in a most popular names list and would be gutted if my child ended up sitting in a classroom of full of kids with the same name!! Don't know if I'm having a boy or girl xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now