Middle names for Leo

(17 Posts)
Dynababy Sun 31-Mar-13 17:34:37

Hi hoping for some help please! We're expecting DS2 in a couple of months and have chosen Leo has his first name. DS1 has 2 middle names so really need to do similar for this one.. But just can't decide ... There does seem to be any calling to us, probably because our top 4 boys names are already in use. We have a common surname beginning T ... Ones we're batting around are Austin, Otis, Asher, Asa, Thomas, Atticus, Hunter, Anderson, Finn/Finlay... Nothing seems to trip off the tongue like DS1 full name. Ideas please!? thanks

juneybean Sun 31-Mar-13 18:01:45

I find the ones starting with vowels hard to say with Leo ending in a vowel.

Leo Thomas and Leo Hunter are nice.

What about:

Leo James
Leo John
Leo Matthew

mathanxiety Sun 31-Mar-13 19:10:40

Leo Thomas Austin or Leo Austin Thomas from your list.
Leo Asa James?
Leo Asher Elliott?

Dynababy Sun 31-Mar-13 19:40:14

Ooh like the Austin Thomas combo thanks!! Any more suggestions?

anonymosity Mon 01-Apr-13 00:15:29

How about Leo Alexander T......
or

Leo Benjamin T.....

I like multi-syllables after a 1 or 2 syllable first name.

Our two DCs have short first names (3 or 4 letters) followed by these longer type names (not those suggested).

ICanTotallyDance Tue 02-Apr-13 10:29:28

Alternatively, you can use your maiden name as a middle name. This is quite common in my family and used to be common in a lot of families.

I like the Austin Thomas combo as well. How many syllables in your surname?

I like Leo Anderson.

You don't have to give your child two middle names just because the first one has two- one of my cousins has three middle names (they are Elizabeth Anna Marie) so five names in total but her little brother has a one syllable name and no middle names at all!

Maybe, Leo Hunter Finn? Leo Asher Anderson?

Or just cop out and use the father's name as the middle name wink

BNmum Tue 02-Apr-13 10:47:58

Leo Thomas Alasdair T..
Leo Thomas Austin T
Leo Thomas Hugh T
Leo Thomas Arlo T
Leo Thomas Otis T
Leo Thomas ATticus T
I think Leo Thomas is the best prefix and a lot of names follow Thomas nicely, most names on your list could become the third name easily.

heartmoonshadow Tue 02-Apr-13 21:59:16

We have a Leo, but we decided well before we chose his first name that his middle name was going to be my maiden name, which is a boys name anyway. It means that he has a part of my family in his name too.

DessieLou Tue 02-Apr-13 22:49:13

Leo Stuart James
Leo Emmett John
Leo Marcus Todd
Leo Francis Carl
Leo Peter Hugh
Leo Philip Charles
Leo Grayson George

I think the last is my fave!

Leo Austin Stewart T

DessieLou Wed 03-Apr-13 02:18:40

Meant to say, I love Atticus! How about Leo Atticus George?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dynababy Wed 03-Apr-13 15:02:26

Thanks everyone, food for thought. Anon I like your logic, I have been trying to think of a 4 syllable name for the first middle name that I like... I love Alexander but I already used it for DS1s middle name! Quicker like Benjamin but would prefer one that starts with a vowel, any ideas?

mathanxiety Thu 04-Apr-13 02:26:59

Jeremiah
Zachariah/Zacharias
Sebastian
Maximillian
Cornelius
Thelonious
Nicodemus
Bartholomew
...but all start with consonants.

Ebenezer has negative Scrooge association.

Antonio
Olivier
Aurelian
If you wanted to go all Mediterranean.

Thaddeus (3) is a name with quite a lot of heft imo. Ditto Barnabus, Matthias, Ignatius, Balthazar, Ferdinand.

forevergreek Thu 04-Apr-13 07:32:31

Leo Anderson Thomas

SW1XMother Thu 04-Apr-13 12:45:39

Leo Sebastian
Leo William
Leo James

Leo Dominic sprang to mind, but you'd prefer a vowel, and 4 syllables. OK: Aurelius

If not 4 syllables
Isambard
Augustus

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now