Camille & Francine

(36 Posts)
DessieLou Sat 30-Mar-13 19:41:18

Any thoughts? I like Francesca and Josephine so thought Francine was a nice combination of the two. I like Camille & Camilla (but not sure i can get past the Parker Bowles connection). I also can't decide if I like Camelia? Thanks!

Another thumbs up for Camille.

baskingseals Mon 01-Apr-13 09:05:51

what about Gisele?

i love this name. also Fabienne. i think Camille is pretty, but not sure how well it works in English.

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 01-Apr-13 09:21:06

It's Cam-eel

cuillereasoupe Mon 01-Apr-13 14:56:37

I think a name that begins with the word Camel is asking for trouble really.

ZolaBuddleia Mon 01-Apr-13 16:13:48

Wonder the same about the start of Giselle... grin

ZoeZoolander Mon 01-Apr-13 18:15:41

I love Camellia like the flower. Josephine is a disgusting old nuns name (Posy is nice though). Francine reminds me of that dancer that Ronan Keating had an affair with. Can't think of any others even though it's not that weird. Francine. Just has a frumpy vibe. Camille looks nice written down but pronounciation too problematic and it is just too like Camel. Camilla ok but again, it's a cliche posh name like Lucinda and Sebastian. Don't mind posh names though. Camelia / Camellia is the best name on your list.

ZoeZoolander Mon 01-Apr-13 18:16:43

Fabienne is lovely!

DessieLou Mon 01-Apr-13 19:52:25

Hmm, a mixed bag. Giselle is nice but can't use.
zoezoolander I rather like Lucinda! May have to put that on the list! smile

baskingseals Mon 01-Apr-13 20:12:46

also thought of Daphne and Sylvie.

squishee Sat 06-Apr-13 23:45:15

Graziella?

Or, more French suggestions here:

http://www.signification-prenom.com/pays-prenom-francais.html

DessieLou Sun 07-Apr-13 03:43:42

Fantastic site squishee, thank you! I like Oriane amongst others. I'll see if I can get the link to work....
http://www.signification-prenom.com/pays-prenom-francais.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now