Help - girls names - Thea / Arabella

(13 Posts)
dollybirdy Sat 30-Mar-13 18:27:58

Hi ladies, we are totally stuck on being able to make a decision on a name for our second daughter (first is called Molly Alexa). Current faves - would love your honest opinions:

Sasha
Sophia - too popular at the moment?
Thea - we like this but parents don't!
Rose - perhaps not strong enough as a first name?
Arabella - general consensus seems to be it is a bit posh but I think it's pretty
Isabella - lovely but so popular it may be boring?
Nancy - don't think I like it enough and would prefer not to have another name ending in y
Alice

Thanks so much - look forward to your thoughts!

simplesusan Sat 30-Mar-13 18:33:05

I like Arabella best. Although I think it is a lot fancier than your dds name.

lockets Sat 30-Mar-13 18:37:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnAirOfHope Sat 30-Mar-13 18:38:35

Thea

CheshireDing Sat 30-Mar-13 22:09:59

Sophia and Isabella are pretty popular these days.

Pfb has the middle name of Arabella, it's beautiful and a bit posh grin.

I think Rose and Molly go well together (although I have heard a few Rose/Rosies's/Alice in baby classes too).

I don't like Sasha sorry, too much of a unisex name, makes me think of Borat or a small dog.

Molly and Saskia?

OkayHazel Sun 31-Mar-13 00:36:52

Molly and Alice sound fab, they're the same level of posh, girly and 'flowery' iyswim.

Agree with the above, calling one Molly and the other Arabella seems uneven.

dollybirdy Sun 31-Mar-13 00:53:04

Thanks for your help. I like Saskia but work closely with a girl called saskia and so it would be a bit weird to use her name.

In laws are turning up tomorrow with a list of name ideas for DD2 (who is now 4 days old with no name!) so keen to decide before they arrive!!

Thea seems popular so we could have Thea Alice or Thea Rose. Molly and Thea, or Molly and Arabella? Florence could also be in the running too as it was my grandmother's name, but is it becoming very popular?

Decisions decisions!!

MartyrStewart Sun 31-Mar-13 00:54:40

Have you thought of Althea? Could be Thea for short.

dollybirdy Sun 31-Mar-13 02:01:45

Just seen your post okayhazel, thanks that's an interesting point about the balance with Molly, we hadnt really been thinking about that but I guess it's important.

So....
Molly and Alice
Molly and Thea
Molly and Florence

dollybirdy Sun 31-Mar-13 02:05:10

I haven't heard of Althea before so it sounds unusual to my ears but it is a combo of Alice and Thea and so wiill mull over - thank you!! Currently feeding DD2 with engorged breasts - ouch!

OkayHazel Sun 31-Mar-13 02:05:29

I like all of those combinations very much Dollybirdy!

OkayHazel Sun 31-Mar-13 02:07:30

And I like Althea - she was Ross and Monica Geller's grandma!

toobreathless Sun 31-Mar-13 02:22:42

Think Thea is lovely & goes well with Molly.

Also like Molly & Rose, Molly & Nancy.

Think Sophia is nice, goes well with Molly but popularity would put me off.

Agree with above that above Arabella & Isabella are too 'frilly' & don't sit well with Molly.

Cannot get over fact that Alice = A Lice, but that's probably just me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now