Theo?

(20 Posts)

So I think I have finally thought of a name I like! What are the general thoughts on Theo? And does anyone have any idea of a middle name that will go with it? I had enough trouble coming up with a first name grin

gertrudestein Fri 29-Mar-13 12:08:24

love love love love love love love it!
I know a Theo and he's amazing
A great name.

What's your surname? I think it suits either a one syllable middle name, or two syllables if your surname is short.

e.g.
Theo James Smith
Theo Harvey Smith
Theo James Robertson

We have a one syllable surname beginning with R!

Funny the names you have put there as my last DS is called Harvey James grin

nectarini1983 Fri 29-Mar-13 13:46:46

Really like it!

jellybeans Fri 29-Mar-13 14:32:36

Like it.

Theo Joseph
Theo Albert
Theo Benjamin
Theo Charles
Theo Evan
Theo Ethan
Theo Frederick
Theo Gregory
Theo Jake

gertrudestein Fri 29-Mar-13 15:27:30

We must both have excellent taste grin

Greenoes Fri 29-Mar-13 16:08:59

I have a Theo - he's amazing!!! No middle name, although given the chance again, it would have been "Bear".

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Fri 29-Mar-13 16:15:22

I have a theo (dore) he is a sullen 13 yr old but still my theodorable boy!

Mine is theodore david william smile

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Fri 29-Mar-13 16:24:25

Love it! We will be having a Theo (dore) Robin eventually middle name is in memory of DFIL but also had on the middle name list:

Andrew, Apollo, William, James, Richard, Edward, Lorcan and Stefan

Good luck!

Ham69 Fri 29-Mar-13 16:25:07

My Theo, who's also amazing smile, is a Theo Christopher. His middle name is after his uncle. I think it 's great to have some kind of connection behind a middle name.

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Fri 29-Mar-13 16:27:15

My theo was given his middle names after his grandfathers, hence two middle namrs and he has a double barreled surname!

ticolac Fri 29-Mar-13 16:29:42

Love it. My Theo (4) is Theo Alexander. Love it!

Excellent choices of names grin

I've already used all of our family names on the other 3 ds's which is why I'm having trouble this time!

Still undecided for middle name but I'm glad little one has a name of sorts before he gets here. 3 weeks until Dday. Not that I'm counting or anything wink

Wereonourway Fri 29-Mar-13 17:01:16

I have a Theo too, James as a middle name as was family tradition on his dads side.

As soon as we mentioned it we knew it was the one, he is amazing!

Theo James and then a Suriname with two syllables beginning with w.

Selks Sun 31-Mar-13 00:46:05

It's a good name but it seems to be swiftly rising in popularity right now. I know three Theos under two.

Machli Sun 31-Mar-13 00:54:45

I love it.

racmun Sun 31-Mar-13 02:08:34

Love the name Theo and have decided that is what we are going to call our next ds.

Interestingly we already have a James- it seems that lots of people like both of those names so they are obviously similar types of names (if there is such a thing !)

As for middle names I really
Theo Miles ......

humblebumble Sun 31-Mar-13 03:22:28

Love the name. Prefer Theodore nn teddy but theo is great too. I know quite a few under 5 but also know more jacks a d Harry's.

cakehappy Mon 01-Apr-13 20:39:12

I have a little man called Theo too!! He is just adorable adorable adorable and its such a great name as well. He is a Theo Oscar...go for it!

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Mon 01-Apr-13 21:06:36

cake my ds1 is theo and ds2 is oscar!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now