Do you know a Morton? How old are they? What are they like?

(40 Posts)
Cookethenook Mon 25-Mar-13 13:49:47

Please please please don't try to put me off the name! We've had such a hard time trying to decide on one that we're both ok with and we think Morton Felix G is a good sounding name that goes well with DS1.

Anyway, like the question says- how old are they, what are they like? We're just curious as we don't know of any Mortons (apart from the one in Charlie and Lola and he's a Morten, which we're not so keen on) and are just wondering if there are many others out there.

nextphase Mon 25-Mar-13 18:41:35

Danish Morton here.
mid 30's, lovely.
Really into brewing (and possibly drinking) beer, cycling. Multilingual (5 or 6 languages), works in finance.

PhyllisDoris Mon 25-Mar-13 18:42:13

Morton isn't a name, unless you're Jewish, or Norwegan (and then it's MortEn).
Could also be a surname I suppose, or a town.
Def not a first name.

sparkle12mar08 Mon 25-Mar-13 18:50:15

I know of a Mortimer. He's about 9 or 10 I think. Parents are a bit individual and he has a double barrelled first name and a double barrelled surname...

Jamdoughnutfiend Mon 25-Mar-13 18:51:12

I know a Morten - about 40, Danish, very cool

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 25-Mar-13 18:58:15

Well, I've never heard of it, but I like it. Nice sound to it.

Have never met one.

meala Mon 25-Mar-13 19:54:03

Morton is a Scottish football team, currently top of the first division. He could have a cool football top with his name on it ! greenock morton

I know a scandi adult Morten. He's a bit clueless but very charming.

AberdeenAngusina Mon 25-Mar-13 21:42:36

My chemistry teacher at school was a Morton, or maybe a Morten. He was Scottish, but had a non-Scottish surname, possibly Scandinavian. He'd be in his late 50s now. He was skinny, geeky, easy going.

He's the only one I've ever met.

defineme Mon 25-Mar-13 21:46:44

38 year old Morten with Danish parents. Are you sensing a theme here op?

Chewbecca Mon 25-Mar-13 21:50:37

I used to work with a Morton. He must be 45-50 now. An accountant. Quite posh, quite handsome and charming. A bit of a public school boy type.

squoosh Mon 25-Mar-13 23:06:30

When I hear Morton I automatically think of Morton's Rolls.

Not very helpful.

ElegantSufficiency Mon 25-Mar-13 23:08:38

Only Morten Harkett. I didn't know all that well !

Ham69 Tue 26-Mar-13 00:02:55

Yes, I do! He's 5 and goes to my DC's school. Very sweet and gentle and has 2 older brothers. Parents are lovely and very 'normal' (though hate that word!) Have only positive associations with the name.

mathanxiety Tue 26-Mar-13 02:49:26

Morton is a brand of salt in the US.

If I heard the name I would think older American male who probably wore hideous plaid trousers in the 1970s and voted for Richard Nixon. I would place the name in the same class as Earl and Homer and Byron.

It also makes me think of morticians.

FrancesFarmer Tue 26-Mar-13 03:02:49

My association: Morton Koopa from the Super Mario games

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now