sebastian - marcus - luke

(59 Posts)
herhonesty Mon 25-Mar-13 11:39:38

right. down to the wire. due weds. DH will only consider the names listed above. i dont actually like any of them but sick of arguing. which would you go with. please dont come up with alternatives, i have already given a list of 30 names i like of which he will not consider any!

TheRealFellatio Thu 28-Mar-13 02:51:46

Sorry. grin

I am ambivalent about Marcus, but for some reason Luke is one of those names I have alwys disliked. There is something about the sound it makes that bothers me. When I hear it I can't help thinking 'Luke = Liver fluke' confused

Plus my son had a friend called Luke and he was a PITA.

BernadetteRostenkowskiWolowitz Thu 28-Mar-13 19:54:30

willyoulistentome yes, it's one of those excellent names that I just can't understand why it's not more popular. I think people are put off it because it's too like Mark. Which is so so so so so popular for men my age. Seriously half of my friends' husbands are called Mark! Marcus was one of the few names my x and I agreed on but it sounded dreadful with the sur name. Only for that there would be another Marcus out there. Your Marcus gets a great name and the privilege of being one of so few!

Kneedeepindaisies Thu 28-Mar-13 19:58:15

How about Luc or Luca? But honestly if you don't like anybody them don't settle for one.

BernadetteRostenkowskiWolowitz Thu 28-Mar-13 19:59:15

There are so many Lucas and Lukas out there.

Kneedeepindaisies Thu 28-Mar-13 20:03:17

Anyone not anybody blush

Ohhelpohnoitsa Thu 28-Mar-13 20:11:12

Sebastian or Marcus. Luke is a nice name but not as strong as the ithers. Lots of Lucas boys around here (Lucases doesnt work does it!)

Marcus. Lots of Sebastians around already. Lucas is great too, you can always call him Luke!

nectarini1983 Thu 28-Mar-13 20:48:53

There's still time to find a name u both like....get the name book back out!!!!

willyoulistentome Thu 28-Mar-13 21:55:42

grin at Bernadette

OP. Any news yet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now