Why are boys names so much harder?!

(17 Posts)
SelmaSoul Wed 03-Apr-13 15:16:13

Totally totally agree! I love names like Daniel and Ben but wanted to stay outside the top 100.

We had a list of about 10 boys names that we liked but didn't love... Ended up picking one after he was born, to be honest 2 years later I'm still not 100% sure!

Girls would be easy though...

Coffee1Sugar Wed 03-Apr-13 11:39:39

I only seem to like "normal", too popular names for boys like James/Jamie, Joshua, Jacob, Ben, Alex.

We're only at the ttc no2 stage. Loads of girls names I love but boys names...!

What are your 5 favourite boys names?

sjupes Sun 31-Mar-13 22:18:52

I hate naming children it's just too hard.

Dds name is spelt lovely but is actually proper 'chav'

Dss name is so unbelievably trendy but dp chose it as it's his df name.

DD2 is due in 19 weeks and we have one name chosen but i'm sure it smacks of young chavvy mum sad it's a pita naming them.

I love 'traditional' boys names - joseph daniel james alexander christopher etc ..

I found girls' names much harder. Had boys' names sorted really quickly but had 2 dds!

My dds would have been:
Laurence (Laurie) Ashley
Rowan Asher

if that's any use!

Beatrixpotty Sun 31-Mar-13 20:35:38

I've got 3DSs and naming them was hard, always imagined girl's names were easier but never actually been in that position

Beckett3 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:59:50

I find girls names harder, expecting dc4 and that's what she is.

Slightly unusual boys names that were on my list -

Clayton
Jasper
Dexter
Gabriel

MonkeyBlossom Sun 31-Mar-13 17:51:36

Definitely agree. I've got three weeks till he arrived and we've got nothing.
People with lots of ideas, share the wealth! smile

notimefors Sun 31-Mar-13 17:51:11

Boys names are harder!

littleacceb Sun 31-Mar-13 17:43:41

I agree! Someone mentioned on here that boys names are either very familiar (you know lots already of varying ages), very outlandish, or very current. It's difficult to find something in the middle.

Willow36 Mon 25-Mar-13 14:23:32

I have a long list of girls names I love. Boys names, hardly any. DH and I just cannot agree.

mayanna123 Mon 25-Mar-13 14:18:40

I can think of lots of lovely underused boys names! Have a look outside the top 100 - there is a list of ALL boys names used last year, produced by the ONS.

Agree that the top 10 or so are a little predictable - Harry, Jack, Tom, etc.

flowerygirl Sun 24-Mar-13 17:21:15

Yeah boys names are much harder!

I'm currently 3 days overdue and we still haven't agreed on a boy's name but had girl's name picked out before I was even pregnant!

I agree boys names much harder!

survivingwinter Sun 24-Mar-13 16:51:13

I agree boys names are harder especially if you want something a little bit different. A lot of boys names are really boring imo!!

Whyriskit Sun 24-Mar-13 16:28:25

I think girls' names are harder. Expecting DC3 after 2 boys, have 3 boys' names but not a single girl name DH and I can agree on!

sunnysunnyshine Sun 24-Mar-13 16:25:55

I find girls names much harder. Got a load of boys names but dc2 is a girl...

Coffee1Sugar Sun 24-Mar-13 16:22:14

That's all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now