Baby girl names again...

(14 Posts)
OkayHazel Sun 24-Mar-13 15:09:12

Rosaline!

378 Sun 24-Mar-13 13:59:47

I love Jemima but not sure about puddleduck / playschool / USA where it is seen as not a name to use connotations...

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 23-Mar-13 16:41:37

Rosaleen
Rozlyn

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 23-Mar-13 16:37:19

Zoe and Jemima from your list.

wedontplaywithelectrics Sat 23-Mar-13 16:36:27

Jemima all the way! Others are a little bit meh x

Rozelle?

IroningBoredDaily Sat 23-Mar-13 15:58:34

Rosanna

fussychica England Sat 23-Mar-13 15:56:12

Amelia.

daisydalrymple Sat 23-Mar-13 15:47:29

How about Rosina? [sp?] I know only one Rosina and have always thought it's a lovely name. I love Rosie and if we have a DC3 it's on my girl's list. (well, in fact it is my girl's list smile ) but I do feel the need to pair it with a more classic 2nd name such as Eleanor to grow with. I like Rosa too. Have found Rosie to be a Marmite name on here whenever I've posted about it mind you!

Also love Sophia.

RobbinyoureastereggsSparkles Sat 23-Mar-13 15:45:32

I love them all, except Caroline - it's a bit 70s/80s for me. I don't mind Amelia but I don't like the meaning.

Love Charlotte and Sophia!

BNmum Sat 23-Mar-13 15:42:00

From your list my favourites are (in no particular order): Jemima, Sophia and Charlotte (i love nn. lottie). I also like Rosamund. Are you considering a middle name as that may go better with some names than others?

Littlecherublegs Sat 23-Mar-13 15:30:59

There seems to be a bit of a mix of names on your list:
For me Jemima is quite ' out ther whereas Holly & Jessica are a bit more common / traditional.
Caroline & Zoe seem a bit '80s' ish.

Do like Sofia & Amelia tho.
Rosa is nice too.

ZolaBuddleia Sat 23-Mar-13 13:54:18

I only like Juliet from your list I'm afraid. I like Rosa, would that be long enough for you?

378 Sat 23-Mar-13 13:49:35

Out of these...

Amelia
Zoe
Holly
Jessica
Rosie
Juliet
Sophia
Charlotte
Caroline
Jemima

which names have the most 'zing' to them? I've looked at them so many times I don't think I can tell anymore which are nice and which are a bit 'meh'.

Also, I like Rosie but would rather it was a shortened form of a longer name - what Ros... names are there? Not sure about Rosamund, Rosalind, Rosemary, Roseanne etc.

Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now