Evan and Elliot?

(12 Posts)
Manoodledo Sun 24-Mar-13 23:24:47

We're having almost the same dilemma, but in reverse. We already have an Elliot and are wondering about Evan for DC3 if it's a boy. Go for it, Elliot is a great name.

edam Sun 24-Mar-13 20:41:49

Anything, go to Wales, you'll meet plenty of Evans. smile Or the US, oddly enough, seems very popular over there.

Ruprekt Sun 24-Mar-13 20:41:06

Max Elliott sounds great!

I have a Max and he loves his name.

redpenguin Sun 24-Mar-13 20:39:27

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions - I think I've been staring at the list for too long, but now have some confidence in our choices.

We've narrowed the shortlist down to:

Elliot Scott
Scott Elliot
Max Elliot

so will see who arrives shortly!

SnowLeopard27 Sun 24-Mar-13 17:35:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SlumberingDormouse Sun 24-Mar-13 16:04:41

My brother and I have the same first initial; there's never been a problem with post! I can see though that it could be more of an issue for two siblings of the same sex since you don't have 'Mr' or 'Miss' to differentiate.

SchmancyPants Sun 24-Mar-13 15:40:50

Two of my cousins have these names and are brothers- no-one ever commented. Go for it- they sound lovely together!

AnythingNotEverything Sun 24-Mar-13 15:35:57

I have no suggestions for a sibling, but my slowly expanding bump will be an Evan is a boy, and I was starting to wider if if made the name up! So nice to hear it used!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 24-Mar-13 15:29:22

What about Aled or Lloyd?

OkayHazel Sun 24-Mar-13 15:24:25

If the initial doesn't bother you, go for Elliot! Its timeless.

I'll never understand why so many MNers are bothered about initials and post!

wedontplaywithelectrics Sat 23-Mar-13 00:08:05

My favourites from your list (and which sit nicely with Evan) are Max and Scott x

redpenguin Fri 22-Mar-13 20:30:56

Bump is due in a few days- girls name is sorted but we're really struggling with boys names.

DS is Evan and one of our favourites if we have a boy is Elliot, however assuming we can live with any issues related to them having the same initials, I'm wondering if it sounds a bit twee for siblings, or if it's too similar to Evan?

Other options we're considering are below - we have an unusual surname therefore are looking for something short and simple.

Scott
Ryan
Max
Leon

Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now