Middle name

(10 Posts)
DessieLou Wed 27-Mar-13 06:02:03

Use them seperately. Harriet Mary Ann is really lovely!

OkayHazel Sun 24-Mar-13 15:17:10

Marianne. I hate two capital letters in one name. Makes life so awkward.

Have you thought of Marion?

mum47 Fri 22-Mar-13 16:59:00

Of all options, I prefer just using Mary Ann, not so keen on Marianne or combining to MaryAnn

sjupes Fri 22-Mar-13 16:55:40

Marianne is so lovely smile

Maryann not so much.

Areyoumadorisitme Fri 22-Mar-13 16:53:51

Yes to be honest MaryAnn does look a bit odd and it is rather unusual to have a capital letter in the middle of a name. You do realise that no-one will ever spell it correctly? Not sure if that matters so much for a middle name though.

I like Marianne.

wedontplaywithelectrics Fri 22-Mar-13 16:53:49

I agree...maybe use the two separately?
Harriet Mary Ann

MagicBaguette Fri 22-Mar-13 16:50:39

Harriet Marianne would be my favourite out of the those, I think it sounds lovely.

I'm not a fan of MaryAnn at all, I do think it looks odd and means you have literally just pushed the two names together.

What about 2 middle names, Harriet Mary Ann? smile

RunningAgain Fri 22-Mar-13 16:49:41

Marianne is lovely

Wishiwasanheiress Fri 22-Mar-13 16:48:26

I prefer marianne but truly do as U wish! smile

Reiltin Fri 22-Mar-13 16:46:19

We're planning on naming our soon-to-be-born daughter Harriet & want to use our mother's names for a middle name - Mary & Ann. I have my grandmother's names as middle names, which I love, but because there's two names, I never use them or the initials. So I want to combine the names. So far, we have MaryAnn, Maryann, Marianne, and Annmarie. MaryAnn is our favourite but we think it might look odd. Thoughts? Any variations to add? Do you like MaryAnn? Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now