Zakariah
Mikhail
Jacob/ Yakub
Eisa (Jesus)
Rafi
Yunus (Jonah)
Ibrahim (Abraham)

Peka Thu 21-Mar-13 23:09:58

We already have a Seth and a Saul in my close family so although I absolutely love them, pArticularly Seth, I would like something different. Joel is pretty fantastic... Keep em coming!

Peka Thu 21-Mar-13 23:06:43

I agree about significance, we went with a family surname for my first DS and really like that - I wanted Quinn but DH not so keen, thinks it's weird, also a family surname. So Elias is a family name on his side, Noah but want to save for if we gave another boy as I love it, Samir, Omar or even sharif (not together obv!) Moses another fave of mine but not a favoured family member and would cause ructions if chosen (just love Moe). We could even go with Leo which we like as a first name but DH thought was too short and I vetoed Leopold and Leonardo. Joseph/yusuf is a possibility although I would push for Joseph as not keen on Arabic version. Asa is a great name too!!

olivertheoctopus Thu 21-Mar-13 22:51:27

I'd go middle eastern as a nod to his heritage but I'm afraid I can't suggest any! Can your DH give you a family tree to choose from? As someone who was saddled with the uber dull middle name Louise in the 70's (sister's is Jane, surprise surprise...) I think middle names should hold significance or be dispensed with altogether.

anonymosity Thu 21-Mar-13 20:32:49

I like Asa!

MortifiedAdams Thu 21-Mar-13 20:32:40

Travis
Jude
Daschel

MustafaCake Thu 21-Mar-13 20:31:00

Joel
Jacob
Isiah
Nathaniel
Micah
Asa/ Asher
Elijah
Ethan

anonymosity Thu 21-Mar-13 20:29:20

I am dying to say Barker but that's just silly.

I don't know if 2nd names should be super short after Ronnie - maybe a one syllable name?

Jed
Ray
Bo

Just thoughts but not M. Eastern, sorry.

greenandcabbagelooking Thu 21-Mar-13 20:25:36

Looking at a Wikipediapage of Biblical men and adding

Seth
Judah
Gad
David
Saul
Peter

Peka Thu 21-Mar-13 20:21:19

Yes I know about the acronym! I really liked Isaac too but no can do. Our first boy is Abe so you are on the right track there...

greenandcabbagelooking Thu 21-Mar-13 20:14:53

James
Mark
Isaac
Jacob
Mathew
Abraham

I am aware the ones that start with vowels will give him the initials RAP or RIP..

Peka Thu 21-Mar-13 19:25:13

Hi there, we are calling our soon to be born second boy Ronnie, after my dad. Not too interested in whether people like that name as he passed away when I was 21 and am very attached to the name. Thing is, we can't decide on a middle name. My DH is middle eastern so would be happy to have a middle eastern one but we also love most biblical names which tend to translate across, but can you think of a name that really goes with Ronnie? Our surname is very unusual and starts with a 'P' with lots of c/k sounds in it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now