Was set on Flora, but just saw Ellen??

(55 Posts)
emmyloo2 Wed 20-Mar-13 02:59:17

DH and I had locked in Flora for DD due in 9 weeks. However, stupidly I came back to Baby Names and saw someone asking for a sibling name for Ellen and it struck me how simple, classic and elegant Ellen was. I think DH will kill me for raising another option as we have been going around and around in circles and had finally decided on Flora (with Florence as a possible substitute).

DS is George and I want something traditional, not popular and elegant. And short!

So does Flora meet that? What about Ellen?

Thanks!

OkayHazel Sat 23-Mar-13 19:01:33

Ellie will be soooo easily avoided. Do not worry about that.

I'd suggest Elle. I think it's gorgeous and makes sense as a nickname for an already short name, to just pronounce the first syllable of the name.

I love Ellen. It's my gran's name and my sister and daughters middle name. It's elegant and timeless.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sun 24-Mar-13 14:30:04

Back again OP? grin

Ellen is lovely but quite a few Ellies around... Nell is a popular MN suggestion lately.

I still love Flora.

I wonder if you will see her face when she is born and think, Aha! and her name will come to you regardless of what you ponder here.

Yfronts Sun 24-Mar-13 23:10:31

Ellen could be Ellie - of which there are tons. Flora is much more special.

Yfronts Sun 24-Mar-13 23:13:45

Florence is stunning too. Theres also Floris, Fern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now