still cant let go of scarlett...

(15 Posts)
ditsydoll Sun 10-Mar-13 08:45:57

Dh and I had debated for months and settled on Ella-Rose.
I love the name (already had the hyphen debate on here and its staying if we use it lol) only trouble is my first choice was Scarlett and I can't seem to let go of the name.
Dh did like Scarlett but said he just preferred Ella-Rose.
I don't know whether to drag it all back up or stick to the name we have chosen.
WWYD?

ditsydoll Sun 10-Mar-13 08:47:06

Btw happy mothers day ladies smile

AmandaPayne Sun 10-Mar-13 08:49:47

Is your baby here, or how long do you have to go?

If you are still pregnant, could you agree with your DH to keep both on a shortlist and decide when she's born? My favourite name just didn't seem right for DD1 when she was born, so another close contender suddenly became the lead choice.

ditsydoll Sun 10-Mar-13 08:50:51

I'm only 30 weeks so yeah we could do that smile

DontmindifIdo Sun 10-Mar-13 08:51:23

So you have a choice between two names, you each have a name you love and don't mind the other ones preferred name. In these situations, assuming your dh doesn't hate your favourite name (just would rather something else) I say the person who is risking their health and going through the massive pain of childbirth gets to have final say.

AmandaPayne Sun 10-Mar-13 08:52:55

Following Don'tMind's reasoning, you will probably also be at your most convincing in the 24 hours after he has watched you give birth wink

thistlelicker Sun 10-Mar-13 08:54:53

Compromise Scarlett rose?

Startail Sun 10-Mar-13 09:09:13

I prefer Scarllet Rose.
Hyphens are going to cause constant spelling out, I got teased for always spelling my surname. I had to, it becomes two common ones very easily.

FriggFRIGGisPoorlySick Sun 10-Mar-13 09:39:02

Scarlett.
It's much nicer smile

scarlettsmummy2 Sun 10-Mar-13 09:42:11

I have a Scarlett, when I had her in 2008 there weren't that many but it seems to be getting very popular. I only know one more in real life though! It's a good strong name and it suits my daughter perfectly- she is far from shy and retiring!

Flossiechops Sun 10-Mar-13 09:44:24

I have an Ella far nicer and classier than Scarlett imo!

Definitely wait until the minutes after she's arrived, he'll be so in awe of what you've been through he'll agree to whatever you suggest!

ladymia Sun 10-Mar-13 11:48:39

Scarlett is so much better than Ella-Rose for so many reasons.

justhayley Thu 14-Mar-13 19:23:17

I love Scarlett def bring it back up it's beautiful

poppydaisy Fri 15-Mar-13 10:49:42

I think of little scar when I hear Scar-lett, sorry.

Ella-Rose is pretty but VERY popular.

Perhaps there is another name you both love even more?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now