Linden?

(40 Posts)
tinyshinyanddon Tue 05-Mar-13 03:55:40

For a boy? Is it too soft sounding? Dh says he will be teased (but offers no suggestions).

WormCanner Thu 07-Mar-13 18:40:41

Lyndon is quite popular in Wales, so what with that and LBJ it won't raise any eyebrows. Linden otoh looks effeminate on the page.

So although it shouldn't matter since they sound the same, I would choose Lyndon for a boy.

MrsWolowitz Thu 07-Mar-13 18:42:25

I know a female Linden.

I don't mind it for females but I don't like it for a boy.

sausagebaconandtomatobutty Thu 07-Mar-13 18:48:20

I know a Linden, Lyndon and Linton

Very individual names but can't be shortened so if they don't suit or dcs don't like them they are stuck

Can't say I'm a fan seem a bit pretentious and or wussy

WormCanner Fri 08-Mar-13 00:57:39

Can't be shortened? hmm Lyndon is usually shortened to Lyn in my experience
<has Welsh in-laws>

sausagebaconandtomatobutty Fri 08-Mar-13 07:29:47

Well yes it can be shortened to Lyn but depending on where you live, Lyn for a man would get some very odd looks

WormCanner Fri 08-Mar-13 14:11:13

Not in my experience, but when I was young there was a famous athlete called Lynn Davies so the name was familiar for men as well as women.

Zavi Fri 08-Mar-13 14:16:26

I really like it!

And I don't normally like "surname" names because I think they're chavy but this one isn't.

I would spell it Lyndon though, otherwise the spelling of it is a bit on the made up side - and that is chavy.

Of course he would be called Lyn by his friends after the age of about 7-8.

tinyshinyanddon Sun 10-Mar-13 02:47:59

Too bad I have a dislike for the letter y. Ah well, 10 days to go I am sure we will figure something out.

it's nice. not keen in your spelling though. it's a mans name not sure why your dh sees it at soft? what does he want, T- bone, Stab? Spike? YouTube the song 'a boy called sue' for your dhgrin

my DD is a dinosaur train fan too wink

squoosh Sun 10-Mar-13 03:39:57

Linden Hall popped into my mind although I'm not sure why. Could be a place, could be a person. Must google.

WormCanner Mon 11-Mar-13 12:03:46
NowPlayingZone Tue 12-Mar-13 10:35:04

I knew a Linden, he was fairly effeminate so I always think of the name as such. Don't know why as its quite nice.
Definitely not. Strong name though. A lover, not a fighter!

I know a Lynden, he's Welsh. It's a great name.

nectarini1983 Wed 13-Mar-13 20:12:43

It's okay, have heard plenty worse!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now