Four for a girl...

(21 Posts)
lifesobeautiful Sat 02-Mar-13 23:54:40

So, much to my delight, I've found out I'm expecting a baby girl in June. There's one name I love (Claudia)...but there are five other names I think are really pretty and I'd love your opinions (positive or negative). And if anyone can think of similar names to add to my list that would be wonderful too!

So I've got:

Claudia
Annabel
Jemima
Louisa
Sophie
Antonia (nn Noni)

lifesobeautiful Sat 02-Mar-13 23:56:25

Sorry - wrote my subject (four for a girl) before remembering I had two others to add to my list - so should be SIX for a girl!

I really like Claudia, Annabel and Louisa.

My name is Antonia. I can tell you from experience that you will not get to choosethe nickname!

Rowlers Sun 03-Mar-13 00:01:12

I thought you were considing calling new baby "four"!
Congratulations, though!
I quite like Claudia, also reallly like Erica.

lifesobeautiful Sun 03-Mar-13 00:05:18

Thank you!! Iheart - do you like your name? Do people call you Toni?

I like it but I use a shortened version which my mum hates. I would neverask her to use it and I'm also happy to be addressed as Antonia. I'm not trying to put you off it but just be very aware that there are a lot of abbreviations and she or her friends may choose to use one that you hate!

Actually I think over the course of my life I have used 4 different versions, none if which my mum liked! She likes Toni but I hate it!

lifesobeautiful Sun 03-Mar-13 00:21:36

Thank you Iheart - definitely something to take into consideration!

I like Louisa the best.

How about Allanah?

DickdastardlyAndMutley Sun 03-Mar-13 18:18:45

Jemima is the only one I like from your list

sw11mumofone Sun 03-Mar-13 18:25:54

Claudia is the best. Love that name - its on my list.

Stixswhichtwizzle Sun 03-Mar-13 19:32:54

Annabel is the best but I'm biased smile

lifesobeautiful Sun 03-Mar-13 20:44:24

thank you everyone! I've just thought of another one I like - Jessica. Any thoughts?

Jessica is lovely. As is Louisa. Sophie is nice but quite popular.

I have a Sophia Louise grin

lifesobeautiful Sun 03-Mar-13 21:13:26

Sophia Louise is gorgeous! I adore Sophia, but have a close friend with the name so feel reluctant to use it, not sure why. She'd probably think it was flattering! Shall add it to the list.

Rhubarbgarden Sun 03-Mar-13 22:09:45

Claudia.

AugustaLoveday Sun 03-Mar-13 22:12:13

Clarissa?

RightUpMyRue Sun 03-Mar-13 22:12:30

Louisa is my fave out of those then Sophie.

How about Phoebe?

RightUpMyRue Sun 03-Mar-13 22:13:11

Or Clara or Cecily?

Rolf Sun 03-Mar-13 22:17:25

I love all those names. My favourites are Claudia and Jemima but they are all lovely. We almost called DD2 Antonia but decided against it because we didn't like the nn Toni. We also had Jemima on our shortlist.

lifesobeautiful Sun 03-Mar-13 23:11:43

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone - my list is getting nice and long - which is good! I've added Isabella too.

clarehk Mon 04-Mar-13 11:16:13

I like Claudia and Louisa the best. Both are on my list. My DD is Jesse (spelt the boys way) which I love, as its a name in itself, but Jessica lovely too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now