Daisy Alice - do your worst!

(34 Posts)
siluria Sun 24-Feb-13 20:44:02

15 weeks pregnant with DC2 - yay grin

For a girl, we are beginning to settle on Daisy Alice as a possible name.

For a boy, we're dithering between Arthur Clive and Alfred (Fred) Clive (Clive non-negotiable: important family connection).

Surname begins with B. Opinions? (All welcome - want to hear good and bad!)

siluria we called her lily grace - lily is a family name and grace was the name of the midwife who delivered her; unfortunately in the last 3 years both names have become ridiculously popular, which occasionally makes me wish that we'd stuck with daisy Alice, but her name does suit her completely, and despite the popularity I still love hearing it and think its a beautiful name.

Good luck with you little one!

Lovely. I have both within my dds' name combinations!

GW297 Fri 01-Mar-13 01:05:57

I like Daisy Alice.

Viviennemary Fri 01-Mar-13 01:12:35

I quite like the name Daisy and Alice is fine too. But not sure they are good together. But maybe that's just me. Not so keen on Alfred. Prefer Arthur.

Jessepinkman Fri 01-Mar-13 01:22:10

I would say Alice Elizabeth or Arthur James.

But I'm really cool.

siluria Fri 01-Mar-13 09:39:35

I like Arthur James and it would work well as my dad's middle name is James. But Clive is the only certainty, and it's for an important family-connection-type reason.

Alice Elizabeth is cool smile

workingtoohard, Lily Grace is lovely and it's so nice when your DD's name makes you smile smile It doesn't matter about popularity if it does that - my DD's first name is quite popular, though her middle name isn't, and I love it so much that I don't care how many people have that name.

FelicityWasCold Fri 01-Mar-13 09:42:49

I love Arthur- and Art is a very cool nickname

siluria exactly!

raisah Sat 02-Mar-13 08:28:02

Both girls names are lovely but I think Alice has the edge as it ages well. Daisy sounds like just a girls name rather than one that can be used for an adult later on.

I also like Alicia which is quite classy & grown up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now