AndFanjoWasHisNameO Fri 22-Feb-13 21:42:46

Casper Henry
Miles Henry
Jemima Elizabeth
Susannah Elizabeth
Obv don't know the flavour yet grin
Thank you my lovelies

tilder Fri 22-Feb-13 21:45:05

I love love love the middle names, not such a huge fan of the first names. Sorry!

Love Miles Henry.

Not too keen on the others to be honest, if i had to pick one of your girls it would be Jemima Elizabeth.

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Fri 22-Feb-13 21:47:28

No-I want honesty smile can I ask is it anything in particular or just a general 'meh' about them?

Beatrixpotty Fri 22-Feb-13 21:48:18

Miles Henry
And
Susannah Elizabeth

Hassled Fri 22-Feb-13 21:49:32

Miles or Susannah.
Casper is nice, but I do always think friendly ghost.
Jemima - again, lovely but I think old-school rag dolls.

AGreenie Fri 22-Feb-13 21:50:34

I love jemima and Casper.... Though not sure about Casper with Henry, but how often do people say while names is probably shouldn't be an issue !

johnnycomelurky Fri 22-Feb-13 21:52:24

I really like all of them and they are very similar to ones on my short list for imaginary DC2! I think both boys names are great, probably prefer Miles Henry by a smidgen. Prefer Jemima to Susannah but only because Susannah reminds me of Trinny and Susannah, but really it is a very nice name smile

libertyflip Fri 22-Feb-13 21:52:33

Casper Henry is lovely, not so keen on Miles.

Really like Elizabeth as a middle name but not really keen on Susannah or Jemima, though like Jem but not Sue as nn's.

YummyMummyFeelingFunny Fri 22-Feb-13 21:53:04

Caspar and Jemima without a doubt!

tilder Fri 22-Feb-13 21:56:01

Tbo its probably a reflection of my taste in names. I tend not to say why i don't like a name as I just offend people. However what I like about the middle names is that they aren't faddy, they don't lend themselves to odd nicknames, they aren't of a particular era. Strong, classic beautiful names with lots of potential for nicknames. They also work well on babies, children and adults.

Does that help or make sense? FWIW my preferred first name is Susannah but it wouldn't be my first choice.

But I'm a random stranger on the internet so what do I know!

I am similar to tidler, just say the ones I love and the ones I don't so not to offend, the others on your list are ok but not for me.

If you love them what does it really matter what I think really, as tidler says I am just a random person on the Internet!

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Fri 22-Feb-13 22:08:04

Tilder thanks for explaining. Fully appreciate that we are t'interweb randomers but it's great to hear some impartial opinions iyswim?
I love Elizabeth but already have an Elodie so I think they'd be too similar together.
Thanks to everyone for your comments.

FelicityWasCold Fri 22-Feb-13 22:10:30

Like them all. Especially the girls names.

Casper- does scream friendly ghost at me though, I like it, but I can't get past it. Sorry.

jollygoose Fri 22-Feb-13 22:17:09

love susannah also Jemima, suzy for short sounds so cute

tilder Fri 22-Feb-13 22:19:17

I completely understand. Baby names are very personal though and I its tricky being honest without causing offense sometimes. For me anyway.

I did the same thing when choosing names for dc3 and really good advice.

Zaphiro Fri 22-Feb-13 23:35:09

Miles & Jemima smile

lilibet Fri 22-Feb-13 23:44:08

Miles and Susannah

Jemima is my beautiful old cat!

Startail Fri 22-Feb-13 23:53:53

Miles/Myles (I've know both) and susannah
Jemima is a duck or a rag doll.

Susannah Elizabeth is gorgeous.
Don't like the boys' names or Jemima, sorry.

OkayHazel Sat 23-Feb-13 15:31:02

Hate Susannah. You've got all these elegant, quirky names picked out, and Sue tagged on the end.

She will be just called Sue. Plain, dated Sue.

williaminajetfighter Sat 23-Feb-13 15:48:38

Jemima lovely. Ditto Casper. Susannah will get shortened and some quite dull options.

FriggFRIGGisPoorlySick Sat 23-Feb-13 20:49:36

Casper Henry and Jemima Elizabeth are lovely smile

Leafmould Sat 23-Feb-13 20:51:37

Like susannah.

Not keen on the others though

Bowlersarm Sat 23-Feb-13 20:53:13

Love every one but Caspar

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now