Cassius

(19 Posts)
nectarini1983 Sun 24-Feb-13 19:42:33

I love Cassius... its my nephews name.

Think Caspar is crap!

TheCountessOlenska Sun 24-Feb-13 18:06:14

Ah brill, thanks for all opinions! I hope that's it for my last minute wobbles (due in 2 weeks!!)

WormCanner Sun 24-Feb-13 14:31:28

Cassius Clay is such a badass name! Fancy giving that up for a ten-a-penny name like Muhammad Ali (no offence)

mamalovesmojitos Sun 24-Feb-13 10:58:36

Brilliant name

I love Cassius

I have a three month old DS called Cassius and we have had lots of positive comments on it. So far my brother is the only one to shorten it to Cass but I don't mind. A couple of people have mentioned Cassius Clay but that doesn't bother me, there are far worse people you could share a name with.

My thoughts exactly Sasha.

Caspar sounds insipid and posh to my ear. Kinda Little Lord Fauntleroy-esque. The exact opposite of Cassius and Cassian.

Sashapineapple Fri 22-Feb-13 18:56:28

Cassius is better than Casper, Casper sounds a bit wet to me, whereas Cassius sounds strong.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 22-Feb-13 18:07:04

Thanks Lockets, great to hear from a real life Cassius! grin

I imagine you don't come across many others either? We played it safe with our DD's name and we have met a few others, which I don't mind but I fancy being a bit more original this time smile.

I'm just slightly worried we're not cool enough as a family to pull it off!

lockets Fri 22-Feb-13 17:48:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SashaSashays Fri 22-Feb-13 12:55:18

I have a neighbour called Caspar, he's 11. I immediately thought of the ghost connection and I did recently ask him mum about it (we're friends, I'm not that bloody rude), she said it has never been mentioned to him and apparently its not a reference that familiar to kids today. Its something adults might notice but not something I imagine he would suffer much for.

I prefer Caspar to Cassius, and also Cassian to Cassius.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 22-Feb-13 12:13:56

I know Moomin. Both names have quite strong associations! I think DH prefers the "boxer" link to the "friendly ghost" one. I feel the opposite!

PuffPants Fri 22-Feb-13 12:11:42

Just pray he doesn't have a lisp.

Moominsarehippos Fri 22-Feb-13 12:10:44

But Casper was a friendly ghost! Also a cat in a series of books. I think I prefer it to Cassius - I just think of Ali doing his shuffle. People will always think 'boxer'.

I have a (female) Cass grin

Cassius is fab. As is Cassian.

Not keen at all on Caspar.

TheCountessOlenska Fri 22-Feb-13 12:05:08

Phew! Thanks for positive comments! But Which One?? grin

toffeelolly Fri 22-Feb-13 12:04:15

Lovely name, also loving casperwink

YummyMummyFeelingFunny Fri 22-Feb-13 12:00:42

Totally adore it, it's on my list. I also love Caspar!

TheCountessOlenska Fri 22-Feb-13 11:30:39

Is this too much!? I guess we would call him Cass for short. I really prefer Casper but DH worried about the Lonely Ghost associations. Really struggling for a name so any other boys name suggestions welcome!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now