Lottie?

(17 Posts)
Wildt Wed 20-Feb-13 11:58:43

Please can I have your thoughts on Lottie? Not short for Charlotte or anything else, just Lottie? Thanks!

willowsun Wed 20-Feb-13 13:30:55

i love it really nice

newpup Wed 20-Feb-13 13:57:05

Really pretty. I know a 7 year old Lottie and a baby Lottie and both are Just Lottie, I know 2 14 year old Lotties and they are Charlottes. Lovely classic name.

YummyMummyFeelingFunny Wed 20-Feb-13 14:04:28

Lovely, if I was to use it I would I would just use Lottie!

Gorgeous name. I know two ten year olds, both called Lottie, not short for anything. Both lovely girls, lovely name smile

Startail Wed 20-Feb-13 14:11:43

I don't see why not. I like Charlotte, but not Charlie for a girl.

One of the nicest boys I know is Charlie.

ProphetOfDoom Wed 20-Feb-13 14:16:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wildt Wed 20-Feb-13 18:20:42

Thanks for the opinions, we don't want to discuss names with anyone in real life but wanted to see what people generally thought about the name as we love it but don't like Charlotte or anything else it could be short for. Glad to see positive comments though! We also like Hattie!

Viviennemary Wed 20-Feb-13 18:52:06

I don't usually like shortforms of names but I do like Lottie.

shoppingtrolley Wed 20-Feb-13 20:11:02

No, too weedy.

ZenNudist Wed 20-Feb-13 20:17:00

My friends dd is called lottie. It suits their family as they all have foreign slightly made up names but I didn't think much of it. Prefer Charlotte (very standard) nn lottie. Thinking about it on my friends family it would have been wrong to have several off names & a standard name.

Clearly I'm of the school "proper name"& nickname but nothing stops you for nicknaming your child on birth certificate. It's a shame for the child. Prefer strong names. Sorry grin

sittinginthesun Wed 20-Feb-13 20:19:46

My youngest was nearly a Lottie. Was going to be be Lottie Maria Elizabeth "Sitting"...

turned out to be a boy.smile

RegularVoltaire Wed 20-Feb-13 20:22:30

It's cute!

I would only use a 'proper name' on a birth certificate if I liked both versions as much as each other. If you only like Lottie then go for Lottie.

I know 2 Lotties, one is a baby and is just Lottie. One is 14 and is Carlota, known as Lottie.

NappiesandGladrags Wed 20-Feb-13 20:49:01

Adore Lottie

When I was a teenager I had a part time job in a nursing home, we had a Lottie and she was so very sweet even at 93. :D

GW297 Wed 20-Feb-13 23:37:13

Love it!

chosenone Wed 20-Feb-13 23:42:50

My DD is a lottie. love it. it suits her. many people comment on it, did consider charlotte on birth cert but just don't like it. It is a name in its own right, i don't know any others apart from one teen Charlotte who is known as lottie. She was nearly Edie so glad she isn't.

raisah Thu 21-Feb-13 05:30:39

Lottie is cute for a baby but it might be worth giving her a choice of a cutesy childish nn & a formal name for when she is a high court judge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now