Help - changing my mind.

(20 Posts)
Still18atheart Mon 18-Feb-13 17:16:16

No and neither is Jago as a first name.

lucywiltshire Mon 18-Feb-13 17:12:56

Still18 - Cornish names are gorgeous. DS has middle name Jago - wanted it to be his first name but chickened out as we aren't Cornish, just love Cornwall. Same as Senara - too chicken to have it as first name! Is it not very common in Cornwall?

Still18atheart Mon 18-Feb-13 17:10:42

Don't like Quinn

Savannah = lovely

Wiltshire Love Senara I'm a Cornish lass and would love my future DD to have a Cornish name but all the ones I can think of are quite common in Cornwall and would like one which was bit more distinct

lucywiltshire Mon 18-Feb-13 16:57:30

What about Lucinda? I am a Lucy not a Lucinda but some of my friends call me Lucinda for some bizarre reason! That gives flexibility if your Lucy thinks her name is babyish when she is older (not that I have ever felt that it is a babyish name at all!).
What about Senara for a middle name? If I have a DD in a week's time I am considering it - Senara was a saint and has a church named after her in Cornwall (in the village of Zennor between Penzance and St Ives). Unusual name but similar in sound to Savannah plus it won't date as nobody knows it!)

ratbagcatbag Mon 18-Feb-13 15:49:21

Thanks all, I agree that if I go with Lucia with a soft c it will be Lucy mostly anyway, so that's what makes me think Lucy may be best. Quinn I just liked, not sure why. If Lucy I always wanted a longer middle name but something different from Elizabeth etc and my DH is a pain on names, savannah was the only one I could get him to agree on.

Can't be susannah as that's an evil aunt of mine.

This naming larks a nightmare, I do appreciate everyone's advice though (and I'm still none the wiser ) grin

farmersdaugther Mon 18-Feb-13 08:43:55

Every Lucy I have met is lovely.

Stick with it. Classic, easy to say and spell. Lovely name

MidnightMasquerader Mon 18-Feb-13 07:06:35

Savannah's a bit dated now, as well.

Susannah? Serena?

MidnightMasquerader Mon 18-Feb-13 07:05:31

Quinn works as a left-field, slightly off-beat first name, if your bent runs to course that way. Not my taste, but can see it on others.

It's just rather odd as a middle name, though (unless there's a specific reason for it, such as named after a family member, etc) and especially with a lovely, classic first name as Lucia.

googietheegg Mon 18-Feb-13 05:59:20

Both Lucy and Lucia are lovely. Savannah's a bit tacky IMO smile and Quinn is odd not in a good way and sounds like Quim.

ripsishere Mon 18-Feb-13 05:28:27

Lucia is the better of the two names. Both of which I like. Not keen on either of your MNs though.

raisah Mon 18-Feb-13 05:16:52

Lucia is more classy & grown up & would suit her when she is an adult. She can be known as Lucy in the mean time.

rockinhippy Sun 17-Feb-13 22:17:07

Lucia Savannah works best IMHO - I'd avoid Quinn, sounds more like a boys name & a but too much like Quim

lucywiltshire Sun 17-Feb-13 22:05:44

If you pronounce Lucia with a soft c then she will be known as Lucy anyway surely?!

sw11mumofone Sun 17-Feb-13 21:54:53

I much prefer Lucia to Lucy so would have Lucia Savannah..not keen on Quinn - sounds like an old man's name.

chocosaurus Sun 17-Feb-13 21:15:14

I like Lucia. went to school with one but was pronounced as lu-chi-a (think she was part Italian).

pixi2 Sun 17-Feb-13 20:37:30

I love Lucia Quinn.

ratbagcatbag Sun 17-Feb-13 20:36:03

Quinn fits syllables I like though, so if longer than two for first, I need a short unusual ish one for middle as surname is two syllables (nuts but there you go)

ratbagcatbag Sun 17-Feb-13 20:34:25

Pn would be loo see er (is the best I can do it) smile Quinn, just like it, no reason whatsoever.

Gah, need to stop doubting first choice which it's been forever, DH is not impressed lol

ProphetOfDoom Sun 17-Feb-13 20:21:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ratbagcatbag Sun 17-Feb-13 20:19:29

Ok so if baby is a girl (34 weeks today) then we had agreed on Lucy Savannah, but I'm just having a wobble on it, the only other name we like is Lucia Quinn, which lovely mnetters do you prefer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now