Hamish or Harrison...

(72 Posts)

I love both names. I love Harrison and nn Harry though the popularity does put me off. I love Hamish for no reason other than I just do. So far though i've had rolled eyes when mentioned. rMiddle name will be Edward.

Theonlyoneiknow Sat 27-Apr-13 23:27:22

I loved Hamish but DP said no :-(

So yes for Hamish. What about Harris instead of Harrison? That was our choice if Dc2 had been a boy.

fussychica England Sun 28-Apr-13 17:06:50

Sorry really don't like Hamish unless you are a Scot & think Harrison would make a great mn but not keen as a first name.

OrangeFootedScrubfowl Sun 28-Apr-13 17:40:30

I know two Harrisons and hear it around relatively often. I never hear Hamish. I think they're both nice but I would choose Hamish myself.

Meringue33 Sun 28-Apr-13 17:45:13

Hamish! Love it smile

Biscuitsneeded Sun 28-Apr-13 21:18:18

Hamish, Hamish, Hamish.

thermalsinapril Sun 28-Apr-13 21:38:02

Harrison

Just to add I went with Hamish Edward who arrived Sunday by EMCS and he's fab grin

thefirstmrsrochester Tue 30-Apr-13 16:17:24

Congratulations carrielou
thanks to you and your lovely little ds.
Hamish Edward is a fabulous name.

Notnowcato Tue 30-Apr-13 17:52:03

I know this is a different generation, but my DH's second name is Hamish. He hates it and always has … He never uses or refers to his middle name unless he has to. (So I only knew he had one when I first saw his passport.) His mother really loved the name and still does. Just for what it's worth.

fussychica England Tue 30-Apr-13 17:58:04

Congrats!

Makinglists Tue 30-Apr-13 18:02:13

congrats great choice but then I am biased as I have a little Hamish too!!!

AngiBolen Tue 30-Apr-13 18:11:50

Congratulations!

You have fabulous taste in names. smile

thanks

hammer101 Sun 22-Sep-13 08:21:41

Amazing! My name is Hamish Harrison and I was born on a Sunday in April also. My brothers name is Angus Edward. You have chosen well smile......i suppose this is where i admit to googling my name due to boredom haha

jalapeno Sun 22-Sep-13 09:23:16

Love Hamish, Archie and Carrie, you have fabulous taste in names smile

We are expecting a boy and I am tempted my Hamish as it is my father's name but was worried that it was too Scottish as we are in England. Might put it on the list now!

everlong Sun 22-Sep-13 09:45:02

Was just going to say Hamish x a million but already see you have smile

Congratulations!

hawkmcqueen Sun 22-Sep-13 10:56:21

Hamish is classic and Harrison is trendy at the minute.

kilmuir Sun 22-Sep-13 11:21:40

Congratulations and great name

We've had a fair bit of eye rolling but generally have had a great reaction to his name. I am so pleased I chose Hamish, I had a last minute wobble going into theatre and almost went with Angus which I also love but he's most definitely a Hamish Ham sandwich as kids call him grin

MrsMongoose Tue 24-Sep-13 00:41:49

You cannot (!!!!!!!!!) have a Carrie and Harry!

MrsMongoose Tue 24-Sep-13 00:42:45

Ah, posted too soon! Welcome Hamish!

Mutteroo Tue 24-Sep-13 01:02:31

Hamish goes nicely with your other two names. Harrison was popular when my now nearly 18 year old son was little. Presumed it was one of those uber fashionable names that would disappear as quickly as it appeared.

Mutteroo Tue 24-Sep-13 01:03:29

Sorry, didn't see there was 3 pages! Congrats on Hamish. Wonderful choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now