Verity?

(38 Posts)
Mylittlepuds Tue 12-Feb-13 20:50:34

We are dead set on Harriet but I just heard this name and thought 'oooh'. What do you think?

Love it. My cousin's name is Verity (mid twenties) and she is beautiful inside and out. I've never seen another Verity but I always assume they'll be gorgeous because of her.

MiaowTheCat Wed 13-Feb-13 09:24:27

I liked it for this baby - it got vetoed by hubby (as did Harriet incidentally).

Habanada Wed 13-Feb-13 09:36:25

I love it but I'm ver(it)y biased ;) It's unusual without being wacky I think.
Every Verity I've known has been beautiful inside and out, hence why we chose it.

She does get a veri(e)ty of nicknames including Vera, Vespa, VT, Vivi, Vee, Ferret and Visa. Never had Vez though!

12ylnon Wed 13-Feb-13 09:46:48

Verity is so lovely. The Verity i know is nicknamed 'Vee'... I've never heard anyone call her Vez or Vezza.

squoosh Wed 13-Feb-13 13:49:13

Outwardly po faced 1950's vicar's daughter who gets up to all sorts of racy hijinx with the local tearaways.

Sashapineapple Wed 13-Feb-13 14:38:34

Don't like either, sorry. What about Hermione.

Hoaz Wed 13-Feb-13 14:50:51

Tarlia - I was going to say careful of you live in the South! I live in a place where T's are never pronounced. I know a teenage Verity and it makes me shudder every time she says her own name let alone her friends!

Mylittlepuds Wed 13-Feb-13 16:04:02

Okay so (most) seem to think it's nice! I think I'm still set on Harriet (Hattie as nn). What about Harriet Verity? Is that too much of a mouthful?

I like Harriet, but love Verity! It was a name I considered, but DC2 turned out to be a DS!

MidnightMasquerader Wed 13-Feb-13 19:24:17

I don't like it - can't pinpoint why.

But if your DH hates it, then surely it's a no go?

ellesabe Wed 13-Feb-13 19:42:54

It was on my list smile

shoppingtrolley Thu 14-Feb-13 10:46:53

have you considered Verena? I like that.

BeehavingBaby Thu 14-Feb-13 10:52:47

Love it, really really do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now