Anna

(36 Posts)
MyNameIsLola Wed 06-Feb-13 22:07:48

I adore Anna, it's classic and suits any age. It's the only name I really love for a girl.

However, I mentioned it to DSis and her response was shock "but everyone will think she's a 50 shades baby!"

So, does anyone hear Anna and think 50 shades now? The character in the book is actually Anastasia I believe, but shortened to Ana mostly.

FooffyShmoo Thu 07-Feb-13 21:16:24

I have an Annabel shortened to Anna. Havent had any 50 shades references made. Annabel is also a fairly timeless name.

FrantasticO Thu 07-Feb-13 21:22:19

Love the name Anna!

Good luck

I have an Anna who is 3. It never crossed my mind, that people may make any connection whatsoever with that utter drivel! grin

orangeone Fri 08-Feb-13 20:00:33

DD1 is an Anna. (2.5). Timeless and classic.

Not met another child with name in my neck of the woods (London).

Never had any issues or comments about 50 shades, thought most people who read it not likely to admit it?? hmm

farmersdaugther Fri 08-Feb-13 21:47:38

I think your SIL needs to get out more!!!!

gringringringrin

Lovely name

wigglesrock Sat 09-Feb-13 08:11:54

Well I have read 50 shades … judge away smile I also have a 2 year old Anna - never made the connection. It's a lovely name.

Sashapineapple Sat 09-Feb-13 09:06:24

I haven't read the 50 shades book. Anna is a beautiful name.

Harrysmummysarah1 Sat 09-Feb-13 18:39:45

I only realised when I read what u posted. Don't worry about it

StrawberryMojito Sat 09-Feb-13 18:44:25

Anna is the name of my not yet conceived second child! I love it, please don't taint it with 50 shades references (or advertise it on here so more people use it - I don't think it's overused in my area). It's a great name.

Helspopje Sat 09-Feb-13 18:48:58

Was going to name my daughter this but we have a surname beginning in L and was a little concerned what her name next to her peg would read if there were more than one Anna in the class.

Fab name - will go far, all round Europe for a start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now