(16 Posts)
hellokitty123 Wed 06-Feb-13 11:52:49

Ethan Stevens is too similar/hard to pronounce. Better would be
Aaron Stevens
Quentin Stevens
Reuben Stevens
Evan Stevens
Euan Stevens

The problem with James Stevens is that the S's run into each other - I'd personally avoid that too.

BabyRoger Wed 06-Feb-13 11:34:24

My friends last name is Stevens and they liked Ethan too - but didn't go for it because of even stevens! They went for Isaac.

Gwennan Wed 06-Feb-13 11:30:25

I thought of Even Stevens too, I'm afraid!

Like the suggestion of Euan/Ewan as an alternative.

How about Nathan, Eli, Elijah, Elias, Adam, Levi, Micah, Deacon, Ezra, Esau?

echidnakid Wed 06-Feb-13 03:45:27

nice name that should say.

echidnakid Wed 06-Feb-13 03:45:03

It's a nice nice but Ethan Stevens makes me lisp, sorry. James is okay but it doesn't grab me. I like the suggestion of Ewan above, Evan would work too.

Namechangeabc Wed 06-Feb-13 03:13:14

I thought of Even Stevens, too.

gallicgirl Tue 05-Feb-13 23:03:01

I'm sorry but that made me giggle a lot, which is a shame because Ethan is a lively name.

How about Ewan or Aaron?

mrstowers Tue 05-Feb-13 22:56:59

No think about it. The teasing at school when your name is Even Stevens!

GuffSmuggler Tue 05-Feb-13 21:28:15

Doesn't sound right, sorry. The TH and ST are a bit tongue-twistery.

gillian88 Tue 05-Feb-13 21:25:09

Yep, definately makes me think even Stevens!!

Even Stevens! Agree with others I'm afraid.

HouseOfBears Tue 05-Feb-13 21:21:24

I think of even stevens too, def wouldn't use it! I also don't think James flows that well with your surname, but I am very fussy and don't like it when first name ends with same letter as surname starts with, might just be me but I find it hard to say! Sorry. I do think they are both nice names though.

constantnamechanger Tue 05-Feb-13 20:56:05

/I think you should see how popular Ethan is at moment, I nearly called DS Ethan, there are 4 in his class alone, not even his year.

StrawberryMojito Tue 05-Feb-13 20:55:35

I immediately think of the phrase 'even stevens'. James goes better. Ethan is a nice name though.

namchan Tue 05-Feb-13 20:55:11

Reminds me of Shakin Stevens, sorry!

<old>

alexandraes1 Tue 05-Feb-13 20:53:58

We are expecting a little boy and i love the name Ethan but our surname is Stevens and i worry it doesn't sound quite right... my husband likes James but i can't stop thinking about the name Ethan and wanted to see what people think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now