Kinvara?

(31 Posts)
lucywiltshire Sat 02-Feb-13 16:24:12

Considering this as middle name if babba is a girl - first name will be Hope. Hope Kinvara - nice name?

vacuuming Sun 03-Feb-13 17:45:50

What are you thinking for boy's names?

lucywiltshire Sun 03-Feb-13 19:03:17

Charlie or Hector probably!

vacuuming Sun 03-Feb-13 20:42:36

Very nice, though secretly I was hoping you would say Christian wink grin

amck5700 Sun 03-Feb-13 20:46:12

What about Kerenza instead - similar sound. But....if the name has meaning for you then i'd use it - it's not always about how it sounds etc. Sometimes it's nice to do something just because. This is from the person who almost called their son a name and then changed it because in the local accent is sounded too like a girls name. Then we moved and found we'd named him the same a roundabout.

wiltingfast Sun 03-Feb-13 21:05:08

I think it just seems a bit random? Calling your child after a village in Ireland? But you are right, people do that kind of thing all the time.

I think I get what you're trying to do, it sounds strong and grounded and balances the name Hope. I'm not entirely sure about it though, it's nearly too strong up against a first name like Hope?

We've a kinsale (in cork)? I've heard kincaid used as a name, I think it's scottish? Or maybe something greek, or greekish like cassandra?

gazzalw Mon 04-Feb-13 07:19:25

I would have Kinvara as the first name and Hope as the middle one TBQH -

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now