Pippa

(14 Posts)
annabanana84 Fri 01-Feb-13 14:35:32

i really love Pippa, but hate Philippa, would it be a sin to have Pippa as a full name?

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 01-Feb-13 14:38:40

We know a baby Pippa and its not short for another name. If you love it, why not use it?

Geranium3 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:33:41

i like it, pippa is a good choice!

Leeds2 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:34:34

I quite like Pippa, and see no reason why it shouldn't be used as a full name, but I would worry about the inevitable association with Pippa Middleton.

I like it smile

amandine07 Sat 02-Feb-13 00:27:17

I much prefer Pippa to the longer version- too many Ps and Ls!
Go for Pippa :-)

SoggySummer Sat 02-Feb-13 00:30:00

I like it. There is little girl down the road we have always known at Pip and only found out at Xmas when her parents sent us a card that her actual name is Phillippa - but DD says she has never heard Pip use that ever ever.

Pippa is lovely butI imagine would be shortened to Pip by school friends etc but I think Pip is a cool name as well. smile

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 02-Feb-13 06:05:30

I always used to like Pip and then someone said to me 'why would you want to be named after the smallest, inedible, most useless bit of anything?'. I had to agree.

It's also the name of a chicken disease.

I really like Pippa though, I would use it as a given name.

Rhubarbgarden Sat 02-Feb-13 08:19:11

Pips are not useless! They are the seed from which a whole new tree grows and thus quite amazing.

Pippa is nice.

HeyHoHereWeGo Sat 02-Feb-13 08:39:27

I know a baby Pip too and I think its her full name. Shes dead lovely, a right little Pip.

sashh Sat 02-Feb-13 09:13:03

Please don't ever take her to Italy.

PoppyWearer Sat 02-Feb-13 09:16:51

Am glad someone mentioned Italy. Also Greece.

Pippa means something rather rude in some countries, OP. Sorry! The show jumper (?) Pippa whatsherface had to compete in the Athens Olympics as Philippa to avoid the problem...

froggers1 Sat 02-Feb-13 10:22:57

I have a baby Pippa. I have never met another one although I know of a grown up one. I have to say I had a big wobble as my son and husband really wanted it but everyone (including MN!) persuaded me to go with it!! We didn't name her Phillipa - mine is Pippa Annaliese.

MrsHuxtable Sat 02-Feb-13 21:56:38

Love the name but would never use it due to the Middleton connection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now