Would you go for a name you love but DH doesn't...if not, suggestions please!

(13 Posts)
amck5700 Mon 28-Jan-13 22:34:36

Jasper
Kester
Jonah
Edgar

ladymia Mon 28-Jan-13 21:27:30

I wouldn't personally. I really loved the name Declan (I've now gone completely off it anyways) from the start and my husband was coming round to the idea but I then decided it's unfair for me to pick a name that he doesn't like as much as I do and i wanted a name I didn't have to convince him to like.

We have now found a name we both like but it was NOT easy!

HoneyandRum Mon 28-Jan-13 21:09:23

I agree with doublecakeplease, we didn't decide until each baby was born - and then took 24-48 hours until we were sure.

doublecakeplease Mon 28-Jan-13 21:06:01

It doesn't seem right if he doesn't like it - could you wait and see what DS 'looks like' ?? No need to have and announce a name straight away. Naming a child is such a lovely thing - only fair it's lovely for both parents though.

lightrain Mon 28-Jan-13 21:00:42

No, I wouldn't. Why not go for Felix with a middle name so initials aren't FU. Not that I actually see much wrong with that - its not like the initials spell COCK or something....

sw11mumofone Mon 28-Jan-13 20:58:29

Im not sure its fair either. Lovely of him to let you have your way though. Just because hes been so gracious i would probably back down and compromise.
Plus I really dont like Kit. Bit girly and mummy's boy for me.
Otis is awesome.
All the others on your list are good names.

Coconutty Mon 28-Jan-13 19:33:57

Wolfie?

No. I think names have to be a compromise and if your dh doesn't like it, it's not fair to go with it. Then again, Kit (as a nn not a given name) is nicer than any of the others!

Wilfred instead of Wilfie?
Frederick?
Bartholomew/Bartie?
Barnaby?

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 28-Jan-13 19:27:22

Kit is gorgeous.

Or how about...
Otto
Ollie
Wilson
Will
Edmund

Tw1nkle Mon 28-Jan-13 19:04:47

I love the name Kit - thought it was a girls name though?

I love Otis too!

We both wrote a list of a names out, gave it to the other one, then they narrowed it down from there, the the comboned names were our short-list, if you know what I mean!

snice Mon 28-Jan-13 18:58:14

I wouldn't give a child the initials FU. How about Hugo or Archie or Edward

Harrysmummysarah1 Mon 28-Jan-13 18:52:02

I would go with Felix . A middle name would change the intials for, fu and tbh I don't think it would be that big of a deal anyway... smile

VickyU Mon 28-Jan-13 18:42:04

After hours and hours of talking about names and a C section booked in this Friday, my DH has said that he is happy to go with Kit - a name that I completely love. BUT...I know that DH doesn't love it. In fact I don't even think he really likes it. I think he has said yes to make me happy and I just think I would feel really guilty about it. One thing we are both agreed on is that it would just be Kit and not Christopher on birth certificate. What would you do in this situation? I just don't think I can go through with it knowing he would never have chosen it.

So any suggestions would be gratefully received. For guidance...

Love Felix but can't have it because initials would be FU
Other names we really like but just don't love quite enough....
Arthur
Rory
Albert (Bertie)

DH loves...George, Otis, Wilfie...none of which I am ok with.

Maybe we are searching for the impossible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now