Please check our ideas

(37 Posts)
philbee Sun 27-Jan-13 21:36:46

SIL has just told us her friend's childrens' names which are a bit odd taken together and I'm worried maybe ours are too. Don't want to tell family because of the opinions but after a check, please. DD is Polly, and DC2 will be George if a boy and Mabel if a girl. Middle initials P.B., surname begins with D. Anything odd / funny there?

Marcheline Mon 28-Jan-13 21:26:31

OP, it sounds like you could be over thinking it a bit - not many people will say your girls' names together. Obviously the names should sit well together, but most likely any names you like will be of a certain type.

Just find a name that you love, and I'm sure it will fit perfectly.

Ham69 Tue 29-Jan-13 18:30:51

I also nearly suggested Esther, which I love, but maybe not with your DD's namegrin

FlipFlopFloss Tue 29-Jan-13 23:59:00

I like Mabel.

I know 2 Pollys both with sisters one Eliza and one Queenie.

philbee Wed 30-Jan-13 19:09:48

I love Esther too, and we thought of it as a middle name for DD, but it's just not going to happen, is it?

thegreylady Wed 30-Jan-13 19:14:30

Mabel is gorgeous-it means my beauty and Belle or Bella could be nn as could Mab like Queen Mab [Queen of the fairies in Midsummer Night's Dream]
Maisie is similar and Mary is underused these days.

Jasbro Wed 30-Jan-13 19:21:59

Go with the name you like best - names of siblings don't need to "go together" - I think that's a bit twee.

philbee Wed 30-Jan-13 19:34:03

I'm not bothered about them going together, if so we'd go with DD's suggestion of Millie. It's more that some names sound odd together, like Polly and Esther. I just wanted to check that I hadn't blinded myself to that with the ones we liked. smile

I really like Mabel smile goes great with polly.

coldcupoftea Wed 30-Jan-13 20:09:37

I like Mabel- I would be tempted to call her Maisy for short and Mabel as her 'grown up' name.

How about Maggie?

Yfronts Wed 30-Jan-13 23:54:19

Like Mabel. Adore Maeve, Betsy, Betty, Tess, Nancy, Maude, May, Pearl, Ester, Violet, Edna, Olive

Yfronts Thu 31-Jan-13 00:00:28

Mavis

TheSecondComing Thu 31-Jan-13 00:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now