Surname

(7 Posts)
KirstyoffEastenders Fri 25-Jan-13 14:18:11

Sasha I love that, good for you smile

flyingsprocket Fri 25-Jan-13 14:16:29

Thanks ladies. I hear ya on the if he's willing to take mine just go with it!!

Sashapineapple Fri 25-Jan-13 11:58:51

We merged our names the first bit of DP's and the last bit of mine, and we have a cool sounding surname that we both love. Some of DP's family were not too pleased as they thought he should pass his surname down to his son, but bugger them we did what we wanted and love it smile

ladymia Fri 25-Jan-13 11:03:55

You've just ruled out all the possibilities

1) double barrel
2) both taking his name
3) both taking your name

apart from inventing a new one there are NO other options. I agree with the others if he is willing to take yours then go with that

echidnakid Fri 25-Jan-13 10:07:07

What Midnight said! And give baby DP's surname (or a variation if it) as a middle name if you want it in the mix still.

MidnightMasquerader Fri 25-Jan-13 08:55:04

Jaysus, if he's willing to take your surname, then run with it!! He sounds like a lovely bloke. Most men would kick up a right fuss - whilst not understanding why you won't change your name - so if you've got a good 'un, just go with it!

It honestly makes so much more sense to go with the woman's name, when naming babies.

flyingsprocket Fri 25-Jan-13 08:50:02

DP & I are not married. We possibly will get married in the future but even if we do I'll keep my maiden name.

I suppose it's convention to give the child their father's surname but are there any other suggestions? I would like to have the same surname as my child but having changed my surname once before (and back again) I really don't want to so it again.

DP says he would take my surname but for some reason this feels strange! Our names don't "double barrel" well either.

Dilemma!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now