Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

babies names from a important location

(19 Posts)
Marcheline Mon 28-Jan-13 13:12:46

'Auralie' is not Italian, Aurelia is Italian. It is the name of a very long road (Via Aurelia) that goes down the coast. It is also v pretty (I am biased). Did you happen to drive down it?

Other lovely Italian names are Paloma and Natalia. No link to anything really, I just love them.

Britchic Mon 28-Jan-13 13:02:18

Alessandra, Ottavia

HoneyandRum Mon 28-Jan-13 08:18:14

Opps Raphaela should be Raffaela in Italian.

Giuliana is Juliana or Juliet aka Romeo and

StraightTalkinSheila Mon 28-Jan-13 07:13:24

Venetia.

HoneyandRum Mon 28-Jan-13 05:29:43

Julia is Giulia in Italian (but pronounced the same way). Raphaela, Paola, Giovanna, Gianna, Chiara (Key-ara), Fabiola (I know two).

HouseOfBears Sun 27-Jan-13 22:36:23

I know an Italian lady called Fiorenza, which i really like, always sounds like a strong confident name to me! She's very beautiful too smile

sw11mumofone Sun 27-Jan-13 14:21:47

I love Alessia too. Knew an Alessia at school and she was beautiful.

lljkk Sun 27-Jan-13 13:06:47

A nice Italian name, maybe?
DD's middle name is where we spent our honeymoon.

SnowLeopard27 Sun 27-Jan-13 11:17:33

Orta is nice but if you want a 'real' name try Orla. I know a little girl called this. Also Auralie - is this similar/ a real name???!

FranglaisMaman Thu 24-Jan-13 17:47:21

I love the name Alessia! Or Seraphina? (not sure if that's Greek though). Think an Italian girl's name would be a nice nod to your wedding and would be unique to yourselves so no copycats.

FriggFRIGGisPoorlySick Thu 24-Jan-13 17:25:33

I like Orta....

MummyDickinson2b Thu 24-Jan-13 16:23:36

Thanks all for all your thoughts! Im thinking we might look for a nice italian girls name. Open for everyone's thoughts though smile

Yes the wedding was gorgeous - I love Italy!! My husband took me there as a surprise and proposed and we fell in love with it and decided it was the perfect place to get married.

Assajjventress Thu 24-Jan-13 16:16:16

Passatta only joking

Lucia is a lovely name for a girl

Northey Thu 24-Jan-13 16:02:42

Or, assuming Orta means gardens, it would have to be Hortense which came from it. Just throwing it out there...

Northey Thu 24-Jan-13 16:01:29

Did you happen to visit nearby Pella? I think that would work well as a name.

schplappo Thu 24-Jan-13 15:54:50

How about Orta itself (probably as a middle name) ?

Heavywheezing Thu 24-Jan-13 15:54:14

Well I went to the Italian lakes for my honeymoon too. Did you go to Venice?

What about Italian girls names?

I always remember the smell of honeysuckle in the hotel.

Naoko Thu 24-Jan-13 15:52:26

Never been to lake Orta but the Italian lakes in general are beautiful, must have been a lovely wedding! smile A quick Google shows a link with st. Giulio, so maybe Julia? Or if a more general Italian name would be ok, I once met an Italian little girl called Alessia and I thought that was beautiful.

MummyDickinson2b Thu 24-Jan-13 15:45:37

My husband and I are really struggling for girls name s following a nunber of friends and famiky all having girls. We were thinking about sonething different and having got married in Italy Lake Orta we wondered if anyone can come up with a girls name linked to this??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now