Webchat with Green Party leader Natalie Bennett, Wednesday at 1pm x

Abram

(10 Posts)

I have a cousin with this name. His father was an Abraham. His name is pronounced A- Brahm with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable.

TomDudgeon Sun 20-Jan-13 21:50:51

Agree about Abraham being better
It was one of my options for last da with Abe as a nickname

Oh it's lovely. Nicer than Abraham and could be Abe or Bram as nn. It's fab - please choose it! smile

Anonymumous Sun 20-Jan-13 21:35:16

Abraham isn't too much. The only thing that puts me off using it is the meaning - 'Father of multitudes'. Which isn't a bad meaning, particularly, but I have a real thing about finding names with appropriate meanings and I have no way of knowing if my son will grow up to father multitudes!

Also I already have an Isaac, so an Abraham as well would mean a slight biblical overkill. But it is a gorgeous, gorgeous name. If it had meant "Amazing, beautiful, intelligent, well-behaved child with wonderful mother" I would have used it like a shot! grin

HillBillySillyBilly Sun 20-Jan-13 20:54:45

Thanks for the responses so far, fifty fifty it seems. I do like Abraham but wonder if its too much.

Anonymumous Sun 20-Jan-13 15:59:32

I adore Abraham - I think it is a gorgeous name. I don't like Abram nearly as much. I think God knew what he was doing when he changed the name! smile

IceCubes Sun 20-Jan-13 15:56:39

Awesome name!

tacal Sun 20-Jan-13 14:44:57

I think it is a nice name.

OkayHazel Sun 20-Jan-13 14:28:38

I'd spell it Abraham. Sorry.

HillBillySillyBilly Sun 20-Jan-13 13:41:14

I love this name, and keep coming back to it every so often, so I thought I would get some opinions on it to see how it may be perceived!! BTW it is not a nn for Abraham it is a name in its own right, it is actually what Abraham in the bible was called before God changed his name wink I do like Abraham but I love Abram. TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now