Abram

(10 Posts)
HillBillySillyBilly Sun 20-Jan-13 13:41:14

I love this name, and keep coming back to it every so often, so I thought I would get some opinions on it to see how it may be perceived!! BTW it is not a nn for Abraham it is a name in its own right, it is actually what Abraham in the bible was called before God changed his name wink I do like Abraham but I love Abram. TIA

OkayHazel Sun 20-Jan-13 14:28:38

I'd spell it Abraham. Sorry.

tacal Sun 20-Jan-13 14:44:57

I think it is a nice name.

IceCubes Sun 20-Jan-13 15:56:39

Awesome name!

Anonymumous Sun 20-Jan-13 15:59:32

I adore Abraham - I think it is a gorgeous name. I don't like Abram nearly as much. I think God knew what he was doing when he changed the name! smile

HillBillySillyBilly Sun 20-Jan-13 20:54:45

Thanks for the responses so far, fifty fifty it seems. I do like Abraham but wonder if its too much.

Anonymumous Sun 20-Jan-13 21:35:16

Abraham isn't too much. The only thing that puts me off using it is the meaning - 'Father of multitudes'. Which isn't a bad meaning, particularly, but I have a real thing about finding names with appropriate meanings and I have no way of knowing if my son will grow up to father multitudes!

Also I already have an Isaac, so an Abraham as well would mean a slight biblical overkill. But it is a gorgeous, gorgeous name. If it had meant "Amazing, beautiful, intelligent, well-behaved child with wonderful mother" I would have used it like a shot! grin

Oh it's lovely. Nicer than Abraham and could be Abe or Bram as nn. It's fab - please choose it! smile

TomDudgeon Sun 20-Jan-13 21:50:51

Agree about Abraham being better
It was one of my options for last da with Abe as a nickname

I have a cousin with this name. His father was an Abraham. His name is pronounced A- Brahm with the emphasis on the 2nd syllable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now