What do you think about these names and combinations?

(35 Posts)
Haywire Sat 19-Jan-13 22:13:22

We have short one syllable last name and one dd Edith Rose. Having a section Thursday need to decide.

Frida Emmeline
Frida Iris
Eliza Violet
Violet Eliza
Eliza Jane
Ramona Jane
Ramona Violet

Any other suggestions?

Iris1 Sun 20-Jan-13 21:14:18

Eliza Violet is gorgeous. Two wonderful names.
Having said that if Frida means so much to you you should go for it. Although Freida is perhaps nicer.
Also I'd be wary of having two children with the same initials if you're considering a 3rd at some point? Edith is beautiful.

Ficidy Sun 20-Jan-13 22:52:05

Of all those options, Ramona (with Jane or Violet - will the middle name be something you are going to use on a daily basis? Either way, they're both fine as middle names) is my favourite. It's on my list too, but dh is having none of it, unfortunately.

twinklestar2 Mon 21-Jan-13 09:29:18

I'm hoping Violet as a middle name doesn't get too popular. It's been on my list as a middle name for nearly 10 years! Been ttc for 18 months of those 10 years.

Haywire Mon 21-Jan-13 19:19:30

Iris no way I will be having another after this one too old and tired for that! Thanks we love Edith it suits her so much.

Ficidiy DH likes Ramona but worries about the moany thing and his dad is a notorious nicknamer so can see where he is coming from.

Twinkle I don't think Violet will ever be up to Rose level of popularity we chose that for our dd 5 years ago and don't regret it she really likes having a middle name after such a lovely flower and often comments on it. Good luck to you with ttc we had a very bumpy journey getting number 2 to stick and it felt like the last chance for us due to age etc. hope it happens for you soon.

Think we will prob go with Eliza Violet but will see what this little one looks like when she arrives. Thanks for all the comments has helped with our deliberations smile

Anonymumous Tue 22-Jan-13 13:17:30

Ramona Violet is lovely. If you're worried about the 'Mona' nickname, could you go for Romana instead?

Anonymumous Tue 22-Jan-13 13:21:09

Eliza Violet and Violet Eliza make me think of Violet Elizabeth Botts in the Just William books. "I'll thcream and thcream and thcream until I'm thick!"

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 13:33:10

Violet Emmeline

amck5700 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:44:46

eliza is lovely and perfect with Jane - if you want a flower name in the middle then Eliza Lily sounds pretty.

Kaekae Tue 22-Jan-13 19:21:17

Like Frida with both your combinations. Really nice.

Violet Eliza is gorgeous.

Really dislike Ramona, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now