(9 Posts)
mathanxiety Sat 19-Jan-13 22:17:26

A case of a lithp to my ear too.

Anonymumous Sat 19-Jan-13 20:29:35

I thought the same as the PP - that it sounds like Alicia or Elysia with a lisp.

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 19-Jan-13 19:27:39

Lyria is nice too...

RubyrooUK Sat 19-Jan-13 18:55:49

What about Lyria? That's another old Greek name that sounds pretty but isn't so hard to pronounce/spell?

(I speak as a woman who gave her DS a name that he still can't pronounce himself at age 2. grin)

eilonwy Sat 19-Jan-13 17:35:05

oops, didn't spell that right, but you know what I mean - Ilithyia - difficult to spell, but that's because it's not an english name.....

eilonwy Sat 19-Jan-13 17:34:03

I think Ilythia is a lovely name, and if it's pronounced properly (with in I and not 'Alythia') it is a name in its own right and doesn't mistake for Alicia. Go for it.

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 19-Jan-13 16:33:44

Yes, that was my one concern...that people would think it was a made up version of Alicia. I much prefer the way Ilithyia looks and sounds though.

SueDunome Sat 19-Jan-13 16:25:06

It sounds like Alicia pronounced with a lisp.
I much prefer Alicia.

BoyMeetsWorld Sat 19-Jan-13 16:23:37

What do people think?

Admittedly the character in Spartacus is somewhat evil but she's also very beautiful. It's also not a 'made up name' but means "the readycomer" and was the goddess of childbirth and midwifery.

I just love the sound of the name. Trying to find an inspiring short list to motivate me through fears of TTC after MC

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now