ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

initials...

(7 Posts)
KMR281 Mon 21-Jan-13 10:48:13

hi, well, I had thought of the text speak issue! however, as it goes, it turns out that DH's great grandfather's name was spelt with a C not a K, so initials will be WCR, which I think is ok?? certainly no potential for teasing like WKR would have had!! so, think we will be registering William Curt R - assuming we can get through before the snow comes down.

tacal Sat 19-Jan-13 21:34:27

I also prefer WAR to WKR. My initials are used all the time at work on the computer system. If I saw someone with the initials WAR on our system it would stand out but I would not think anything bad about it. I think it is fine.

Anonymumous Sat 19-Jan-13 21:27:57

I prefer WAR to WKR as well - txt spk is too common these days to risk WKR!

ZooAnimals Sat 19-Jan-13 21:24:20

I think W.A.R is fine as well. I think W.K.R is probably worse as it does look a bit like an abbreviation for wanker, in the same way WKD is for wicked.

DessieLou Sat 19-Jan-13 21:21:57

I agree, no one will notice WAR so go with whatever name you prefer. Personally I like middle names to have a meaning so would go for naming him after his dad. Congratulations, hope you're both doing well. :-)

overtheseatocalais Sat 19-Jan-13 14:13:21

I don't think anyone will notice or comment on W.A.R. However, if you decide against it W.K.R. is fine. Congratulations on the birth of William. thanks for you!

KMR281 Sat 19-Jan-13 13:51:37

so, we have got our lovely baby boy (Jan 10th), first name decided on - William. Our surname begins with R. DH suggested his first name as a middle name, I pointed out this would spell WAR - not good. He is now suggesting a name beginning with K - is W.K.R ok? not open to any kind of teasing later in life?? My brain is a bit fried, so thought I'd consult with mumsnet! Aiming to register William on Monday, so need to decide on a middle name.
ta!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now