Opinions and suggestions for #3

(10 Posts)
hatebeak Sat 19-Jan-13 19:58:31

Love Ellen, really love Susanna. Innes is my favourite of your boys' names.

DessieLou Sat 19-Jan-13 19:45:51

ooooh I like Campbell! I also love Alistair but see you have an alisdair already. Fraser would be on my list if dp hadn't vetoed it. How about nairn?

Katydive Sat 19-Jan-13 17:15:17

My husband is Scottish and we have two boys, one is Archie and the other Harry, we are due again and so far my name for a boy is back to Scotland with 'Ghillie' or 'Gil'

amck5700 Sat 19-Jan-13 16:49:12

My boys would have been Mairi or Kirsty - Lorna is nice too.

I have a Craig and a Ciar but also loved Gregor, Callum or Euan. Fergus is nice too. From your choices I like William.

Whyriskit Sat 19-Jan-13 15:09:18

Thanks for the comments. Already have an Alasdair who was supposed to be an Angus but didn't suit it. Do also like Hamish.

CarriMarie Sat 19-Jan-13 15:06:52

Cameron, Alistair, Kirsty or Mairi.

ReturnToPlanetVenus Sat 19-Jan-13 10:04:37

Morven
Catriona
Fiona (due a revival!)

Fraser
Murray
Alasdair
Harris
Hamish

Like your lists, all of the girls' names are lovely. I'm not mad keen on Lachlan, sounds a bit "over Scottish" to me (am a Scot). But then I love Hamish, and you could probably say the same of that.

jkklpu Sat 19-Jan-13 09:06:50

Kirsty
Iona
Morag

Calum
Angus
Douglas

Sephy Sat 19-Jan-13 09:04:13

I love Mairi and Lachlan. To my English ears they're clearly Scottish but also familiar enough that I know how to say them, not so sure about how Innes is pronounced, Campbell reminds me of soup (sorry) and the others don't sound Scottish to me particularly, if that's important to you. However, I'm clearly not a Scottish expert at all!

Whyriskit Sat 19-Jan-13 08:56:05

Currently pregnant with DC3. Already have two boys with Scottish names. We had a lot of trouble agreeing on names for the previous two because DH doesn't like any names at all so have started thinking early!
We have a single syllable last name which ends in a "th" sound.
Girls:
Ellen
Mairi
Megan
Susanna

Boys:
Innes
Campbell
William
Lachlan

Opinions / suggestions very welcome!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now