What do you think of think of the following? Classic or not?

(30 Posts)
signuptoday Fri 18-Jan-13 15:27:10

Emma?

I have been reading previous posts and the comments range from 'dated' to 'classic'. There were quite a few Emmas in my school so I don't see it as new and fresh but I really like it and think it stands the test of time which is what we want. What do you think?

DontmindifIdo Sun 20-Jan-13 20:38:16

I know a couple of children called Emma, but it's not overused. DH really likes it, I just always think of the main character in the Jane Austin book, and she always struck me as I bet I'd find her really irritating in real life... (Whereas the Rebecca from the book of the name, always made me think that actually she sounded great to go for a couple of drinks with)

FantasticMax Sun 20-Jan-13 20:56:41

When I was pregnant with DC1 this was my DH's top name for a girl. I discounted it because I thought it was a bit dull.

However, since then I've changed my mind. I think it's a beautiful, classic name and if we have a second DD it will most likely be an Emma.

I'm a huge fan of classic, timeless - and dare I say it, safe names. I'll save my more quirky names for the dog!

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 00:41:24

I like it but adore Emmeline

Yfronts Tue 22-Jan-13 00:41:35

Also love Emme

PurpleStorm Tue 22-Jan-13 00:55:59

I don't like Emma as a name, but I agree it's a classic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now