name to go with George?

(31 Posts)
craftycottontail Fri 18-Jan-13 09:07:37

DH and I agree on George (nothing else!) - after a great man who was like a grandpa to me.

I'd like a name that can be shortened though, having grown up with a name that doesn't have any possible nicknames, so thinking of George as a middle name (Georgie too girly, Geo too pretentious).

I like
Edward (Ned) George - DH doesn't

He likes
Henry (Harry) George - I think that sounds too like Shakespeare - for England, Harry and St George!)

We Have a very English sounding name and just don't want it to sound TOO traditional.

We like Scottish/Celtic names (I have Scottish blood) but can't agree on any! I'd like something a little bit individual/more modern than George.

Any ideas please? Thanks smile

OP wants names you can easily shorten I think?

Sorry, x-posted with you Jasbro. I was referring to some of the (admittedly lovely) names above like Fraser, Euan, Angus etc.

Actually I agree, neither of my DC have names you can/need to shorten whereas I have a name with several options. I've been asked more than once if it was deliberate. It wasn't, though we did move our first girl's name to a middle name as we couldn't agree on a NN we both liked.

littlemrssleepy Fri 18-Jan-13 14:01:17

I have a Thomas (Tom ) George. He's brill. grin

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 18-Jan-13 15:25:31

Reuben George (reu)
Alexander George (Alex/Ali/al)
Douglas George (Doug or dougie)

NowPlayingZone Sun 20-Jan-13 15:12:37

Declan, Murray, Sebastian, Matthew, bruce?

Mylittlepuds Mon 21-Jan-13 18:56:30

Arthur

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now