Help needed - boys names to go with Poppy and Archie!!

(43 Posts)
lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 22:46:58

Babba 3 is due in Feb and we have no idea on boys names to go with Poppy and Archie. Our surname is tricky and the best names are those ending in y/ie sound. Names ending in A are a no-no for our surname. So far we have agreed on absolutely nothing!!! How can it be this hard especially when we have had 8 months to think about it!!! Girls names are sorted but we think we are having a boy. Help required please Mummies!!!

TurkeyDino Wed 16-Jan-13 22:49:46

Charlie, Harry, Alfie (might be too close to Archie for your liking)

concessionsavailable Wed 16-Jan-13 22:50:59

I've just read DD1 her bedtime story which features a girl called Poppy, who has a brother called Archie. What are the chances? The baby sister is called Angel. I don't recommend that name, even if you were to have a girl.
<helpful>

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 22:53:54

Gregory/Gregor
Frederick/Freddie
James/Jamie

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 22:55:18

TurkeyDino - I love Charlie. Hubby hates it. He loves Harry. I don't. Alfie is too close to Archie. You are definitely on our wavelength though!
concessions - not sure we'd ever consider Angel but thanks for the warning! This name-choosing is a minefield!!!!

DisappointedHorse Wed 16-Jan-13 22:55:19

Seth. I know an Archie and Seth and they're adorable.

Ruprekt Wed 16-Jan-13 22:55:56

Poppy, Archie and Max

I would prefer a name without ie to go with the names you have.

Poppy, Archie and Tom
Poppy, Archie and Josh

Mummydoctor Wed 16-Jan-13 22:56:39

Perhaps :
Toby
Henry
Zachary
Harry?

My DS name is Archie. If Dd had been a boy she would have been one of the the following:
Gregor
Lachlan
Harris
Ross
George
Logan
Struan

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 23:00:11

Seth has been discussed and not ruled out yet! Max, Tom (if Thomas) and Josh don't work with our very difficult surname. James is an option and hubby's middle name. Hadn't considered Gregory or Gregor as feel they are a bit middle aged for a babba. Freddie is very popular amongst our friends. Ruprekt - interesting you should say to avoid the y/ie as our most likely choice of girls name is Hope which we feel goes really well esp as no more kids after this one, almost like a full stop! Plus babba has a kidney disorder so Hope feels right

TurkeyDino Wed 16-Jan-13 23:02:48

OP same story with me and my DH, only he loved Charlie and I loved Harry. We went for Alfie in the end. (DS1 is Daniel and I will try to remember the other names we considered)

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:03:39

they are a bit middle aged for a babba

Thing is, they are not a babba for long unfortunately sad

Piemistress Wed 16-Jan-13 23:04:26

I like Hope, ditto post above if our DD had been a girl we loved Harris or Lachlan. I think Lachlan is great with Poppy and Archie

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:05:48

William would be nice too.

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:07:01

Hamish - Scottish for James?

Ruprekt Wed 16-Jan-13 23:08:58

Yes - like a full stop.

My DB has Charlie, Milly and Tom - Tom is a full stop!!

Poppy, Archie and Hope. Lovely.

Poppy, Archie and Ben.

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 23:16:38

wow - so many great suggestions, thanks everyone! Lots are already in use in our families unfortunately and others not an option with our blinking surname, but Lachlan def an option (love Lockie for a nn although no idea how we would spell that!). Hubby has Scottish blood so would like Hamish or Angus but they sound ridiculous with our surname. Ben is an option but hubby likes Benjamin and I prefer Benedict. Hubby suggested Toby last night and the jury is still out. William would be perfect, as would Henry but they are my bro and my nephew! We left it so late to have our babbas that most names have already been snapped up by family and close friends.Tom is really growing on me but def not Thomas and I am not keen on Tommy.

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 23:18:26

oh and George is a possible although Archie is obsessed with George as in Peppa's brother and so as far as I am concerned George is a cute piglet who carries a dinosaur everywhere!

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:19:07

How about Ed - either Edgar or Edwin rather than Edward?

or Joe/Joseph?

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:20:28

George is nice - it was my Dad's name.

Maybe Alister?

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 23:22:19

amck - I was thinking of Edmund earlier - nn either Ned or Teddy. Like Joe a lot. Alister hasn't even been considered - must be the only name we haven't discussed!!

Startail Wed 16-Jan-13 23:25:21

Finley
Love Charlie,
Stevie loads of Steven/Stephen's at my school also my DGradfather and the name DSIS would have called a DS.
Mikey
I've met a Bertie short for Robert, but can't get past Bertie the bus in the Thomas stories.
Davy might light up a few ideas (sorry)
Jamie
Kobee (hmmm?)
Lee
Robbie, Bobbie (Ronnie say's my autocorrect)
Toby
Willie (just no!)

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 23:25:56

With Alister you have the joy of picking the spelling - don't use a "d" it's a bit wet according to my OH hmm my youngest's middle name is Alastair (I think!) after his Grandad Alexander - it's all very confusing grin

I said Joe becasue I know brothers Tom and Joe

I like Ted/Teddy/Ned too.

lucywiltshire Wed 16-Jan-13 23:42:14

Finley is up there as a definite maybe, as is Bertie but I hate Bert - shame as Bertie is one of my faves!

The prob with Alistair is if was shortened to Ali it would rhyme with surname!

blindworm Wed 16-Jan-13 23:43:02

Max
Sam
Zach/Zachary
Harry
Jack
Oliver
Joshua
Felix
Rory
Daniel
Finn/Finlay (much prefer it spelt Finlay to Finley)
James
Isaac
Alex/Alexander

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now