Do you think if you really are something you don't need to prove it by name choice?

(77 Posts)
atthewelles Wed 16-Jan-13 15:56:21

I have a really edgy, creative friend who is also married to a very quirky artistic guy. Their kids are called Edward (after his grandfather), Laura and Hugo.
I also know another couple - she is a designer, he is a composer - and their dd is called Alice.
All lovely names but quite ordinary.

On the other hand I know people who are not particularly arty but have bent over backwards to find 'creative' or 'different' names for their DC.

I was just wondering if people sometimes try to compensate for something they lack but would like to have when choosing their DCs names??

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 22-Jan-13 11:07:44

I think you may be onto something OP. I am a bit of a pushover, so I called DS Alexander as I hope that he will conquer a vast swathe of Asia Minor and make me, his mum, empress. I have always wanted to be Queen if the World, but know I don't have the necessary cut throat manner or militarily strategic brain.

Alexander is his middle name though as I thought it would be good to keep my his plans for world domination secret until it comes time for him to unleash his might and get me an empire.

DioneTheDiabolist Tue 22-Jan-13 11:08:45

Queen of the world.blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now