Not ONE single name I like!

(20 Posts)

I am due mid April with DC6. I have driven myself around the twist trying to find a name I like. NOTHING at all is standing out and I've had enough.

It is a boy and at this rate Boy is going to be his name, either that or Six.

Please for the love of my sanity help me find something I like confused

shoobidoo Wed 16-Jan-13 14:33:45

What sort of names do you like? How about looking at the ONS lists of ALL names used last year?

StellaNova Wed 16-Jan-13 14:40:00

Sextus wink

Are your other children boys?

I have 3 boys already, I gave the first one the only boys name I have ever liked and I have this problem every time!

I STILL don't particularly like ds2 & 3's names blush

The only possibilities so far are Jacob or Oliver but even then that's at a push, they're both nice but just too popular and a bit meh.

I had a look at several different baby name lists from the last few years and still stuck. I am a lost cause! Poor number Six wink

shoobidoo Wed 16-Jan-13 14:44:20

I think you're going to have to tell us a little bit more about what sort of names YOU love. There are lots of lovely names outside the top 250 most popular ones - why don't you list some names you like and we can add suggestions?

StellaNova Wed 16-Jan-13 14:45:21

Patrick. Cos Patrick Doohan played The Prisoner and he was Number Six.

I have Googled none of the above so it could all be my imagination.

Have to do school run so will be back later. But before I go and completely outing myself, my other DC are called......

Luke (Love his name!)
Zakk (Chosen by exH and still don't like)
Isabel (Love)
Harvey (Never liked, chosen by dp, I agreed as couldn't think of anything else!)
Lottie (Charlotte but never called that other than by Grandad!)

So if anyone has any ideas I will be very grateful.

orangepudding Wed 16-Jan-13 14:50:27

amck5700 Wed 16-Jan-13 14:50:52

Can't your other DC choose the name (with final veto by you and DP), so that you can "love the name because your other DC chose it"?

Sasparillo Wed 16-Jan-13 15:07:54

I think Dexter will fit very well smile xx

BeaLola Wed 16-Jan-13 15:15:09

Dexter, Cosmo, Ted, Jacob, Guy, Rory, Alec, Alistair, Adam, Jasper, Barnaby, Merlin, Zeb, Jed, Seth, Fergus, Isaac, Reuben

frogchops Wed 16-Jan-13 15:42:18

Joshua? Owen? Niall? Kane? Toby?

Sirzy Wed 16-Jan-13 15:44:27

Joshua? William?

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Wed 16-Jan-13 15:46:14

Alexander / Dominic / Joseph / Tomas?

PurplePidjin Wed 16-Jan-13 15:53:57

I've just had a Raphael nn Rafa and get lots of compliments (it's dp's granddad's name so not hugely original) It's unusual but still a name iyswim

MrsAceRimmer Wed 16-Jan-13 15:56:00

I've got a Joshua and I love it. If I have another DS (unlikely at present) I would quite like a Reuben - lovely lovely name smile

SendMum Wed 16-Jan-13 20:48:46

My DS2 is called Rowan which I LOVE! (Obviously!) smile

FranglaisMaman Thu 17-Jan-13 09:11:31

Rupert. Heard it on One Born Every Minute last night from the Latvian woman and thought it was very cute! Well, cute for a baby, not sure about when he grows up though...

Littlecherublegs Thu 17-Jan-13 10:02:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now