Today, I met a 3 year old girl called

(44 Posts)
vivizone Wed 16-Jan-13 12:55:58

Shampayne.

I kid you not. I had to ask the mother, WHY?

sparklingsky Fri 18-Jan-13 17:31:38

Was it Beau with a Northern accent? One of the Loose Women have s dd called that...

One of my dc is nn Boo after monsters inc...it was cute at the time, but has now stuck, oops.

Viviennemary Fri 18-Jan-13 17:32:48

We need a government list of approved names. To stop these idiots in their tracks. That is totally ridiculous.

Arithmeticulous Fri 18-Jan-13 17:33:21

I know a grown up Chyna - she is scary - I have often wondered how much nominative determinism was at play there grin

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Fri 18-Jan-13 17:34:46

Did the mother ask if you want to be so rude?

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Fri 18-Jan-13 17:35:03

Meant not want

Boggler Fri 18-Jan-13 17:37:38

My brother's a teacher and he has taught a Tia Maria, and a boy called Blade.

everlong Fri 18-Jan-13 17:37:40

Really?

I can't see it somehow.

Moominsarehippos Fri 18-Jan-13 17:39:29

I recently met an Echo. Such a sad name...

WifeofPie Fri 18-Jan-13 17:39:31

No. Please just NO. You're a name troll, right? Nobody names their kid that. I refuse to believe it.

Nooooooooooooooooooo......

lljkk Fri 18-Jan-13 17:40:33

It's an awful name, OP, and we all know it.

BinarySolo Fri 18-Jan-13 17:41:55

On my phone I read the title of this thread and the next and thought she was called Bruce. That'd be far worse!

Bet Boo was named after the little girl in monsters inc. Disney has a lot to answer for.

Can't believe you asked why!

My DD2 has one of the names on this thread as one of her middle names <punches air and does a happy dance>

In your face baby name fascists grin

Blayde is an amazing name. Or not.

peanutMD Sat 19-Jan-13 11:17:19

I used to look after a Backory-Binx at nursery...

His mother would say the name, glimpse at peoples bewildered faces and then say "yes, like Hocus Pocus"

Each to their own but not for me personally grin

BillyBollyDandy Sat 19-Jan-13 12:55:10

Before we move towards the "Well my sister's cousin's windowcleaner knew a girl called Ladasha L-a" what are the most unusual names people have met and liked?

I know a little boy called Solo. I thought that was quite cool.

Growlithe Sat 19-Jan-13 13:01:47

I heard of a real life Chablis the other day. I presumed it was spelt right though.

I don't believe you OP!

donnie Sat 19-Jan-13 13:03:43

glamorama
trollopina
slagorella
cuntomana
shitoshanty
pissypanties
acnespotty
puffypastry
hairybollox
plastictitties
mankymanboobs

there is, like, literally no end to the beautiful names we can invent for our , like , children....

Donnie Cuntomanna is my Aunts name. I think its beautiful as are my cousins Slagorella and Mankymanboobs nn is Boobie, manky, manboob etc. The list is endless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now