boys names for cool boys?

(131 Posts)
MyFriendGoo Tue 15-Jan-13 15:58:18

DH and I are totally stuck- he thinks my choices are boring (Henry, Barnaby, Max) but his choices are too out there for me (Milo, Jobie, Amos). We've agreed we want a name that shows a bit of spark and individuality, but we need a middle ground! Thoughts?

IslaValargeone Tue 15-Jan-13 19:52:46

Ranulph is nice and can be shortened to Ran as the uber cool Ranulph Feinnes calls himself.

I like Tad, short for Thaddeus. DH would not let me use it though so I have a Tobias. I also like Zeke, Xander, Orlando, Austin and Malakai. I know boys called Kai, Jett, Eden, Jyrah, Stellan, Trey and Ripley if they are of any use?

orangepudding Tue 15-Jan-13 20:07:07

TheSecondComing in a playground, do you have a Ziggy?

NaturalBaby Tue 15-Jan-13 20:09:58

Gabriel, Felix, Seth, Seb, Jasper, Micah, Eben, Jessie, Robin, Cody.
My all time favourite is Thomas though!

everlong Tue 15-Jan-13 20:10:05

grin bramble that is well spooky!

Bill.

Also biased. wink

500internalerror Tue 15-Jan-13 20:17:04

So many of these suggestions were on my short list for ds!! I love jed, Seth, Heath, loads of them - I should have had more kids wink

WizardofOs Tue 15-Jan-13 20:21:09

Both of my sons' names have been mentioned. Only one is old enough for any cool grading and is he so not cool!

Lozza70 Tue 15-Jan-13 20:21:21

I really like -

Milo
Ludo
Xavier
Gabriel
Jasper
Felix

We have a Sander and a Rocco and I hope they are cool kids in the playground for at least a little while in their school careers!

TheSecondComing Tue 15-Jan-13 20:23:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Assajjventress Tue 15-Jan-13 20:44:28

Agree it's the person that can make the name seem cool but it would also depend on the area the child is growing up/school they attend on whether they sound cool.

kilmuir Tue 15-Jan-13 20:48:36

giving a child a perceived 'cool' name will not make them cool. how bizarre

Assajjventress Tue 15-Jan-13 20:58:35

Names can conjure up an image so yes to me names like Dan, Leo, Tom, Alex seem cool but a name cannot make an individual cool. But then what is cool????

marriedinwhite Tue 15-Jan-13 20:59:17

Why's that bizarre? I know an uber cool Tom, James and Will and a very uncool Hugo.

katiecubs Tue 15-Jan-13 21:03:59

Jobie - noooooo. He will get the poo connection and it won't be nice.

I like Felix, Rory, Kit, Zack, Seth, Milo, Barnaby. All cool and not too popular.

Assajjventress Tue 15-Jan-13 21:14:21

What we think is cool will not be amongst kids. Name mentioned before Cornelius mmmm doesn't seem like a cool name the kid would have to be uber cool to carry that one off.

orangepudding Tue 15-Jan-13 21:20:35

Wasn't a park in London.

TameGaloot Tue 15-Jan-13 21:21:09

I think cool people make their names seem cool
Probably one of the reasons why we form opinions on names

BeaLola Tue 15-Jan-13 21:40:47

OP I love all your choices & really dislike your DH choices.

I agree its the child that is cool not the name & with a poster who said they can be in & out of coolness.

From names mentioned above I love Seth - went to college with a hippy Seth & many years later met a seriously gorgeous man at a wedding called Seth , that said cannot imagine cuddling my lovely son & calling him Seth.

Love Ted & Barnaby & Rory & Gray & Dexter for coolnesss......... however the boy, the child, the man will make it cool or not regardless of his name - I think Bryan Ferry is pretty chilled & cool for an oldie & he is called Bryan ! Equally met a very lovely looking boy at a friends childs party recently called Rocco & he was a whingey & challenging 5 year old.

Assajjventress Tue 15-Jan-13 21:44:39

Can you be a cool 5 year old?

Bearcrumble Tue 15-Jan-13 22:01:31

Have you thought of Barry?

Bearcrumble Tue 15-Jan-13 22:02:01

Or Lembit?

thegreylady Tue 15-Jan-13 22:03:32

Finn[not Finlay/ley]
Bruno
Ed[ward]

GotAnyGrapes Tue 15-Jan-13 22:25:53

The little boys I know whose names seem cool are Stan and johnny!
I have also meg a Ziggy! Not in London though; at a childrens birthday party in Wilmslow, Cheshire.

pigletpower Tue 15-Jan-13 23:02:48

Dexter.Ours is 7 and very cool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now