boys names for cool boys?

(131 Posts)
MyFriendGoo Tue 15-Jan-13 15:58:18

DH and I are totally stuck- he thinks my choices are boring (Henry, Barnaby, Max) but his choices are too out there for me (Milo, Jobie, Amos). We've agreed we want a name that shows a bit of spark and individuality, but we need a middle ground! Thoughts?

Dylan.

(might be biased)

OmgATalkingOnion Tue 15-Jan-13 16:37:58

Kit is short for Christopher. Bit different and traditional name as the fallback.

Floralnomad Tue 15-Jan-13 16:38:41

Cassius
Angus
Fabian
Xavier

TheFallenNinja Tue 15-Jan-13 16:39:35

Cool

amck5700 Tue 15-Jan-13 16:41:06

Archie
Alfie
Stan
Freddie

Please O please don't call your son after the contents of a toilet bowl (jobie)

amazingmumof6 Tue 15-Jan-13 16:41:09

I like all your choices (not Jobie)

I like Biblical names mainly, which can be considered very "boring" - such as Matthew (DS4 middle name) or Samuel (DS2 first name)

or there are the more unusual ones such as Issachar, Jethro, Asher or Malachi (wish I was brave enough to choose this instead of Michael for DS3!

I give you our boys' names, don't know if they aer cool or not, they (and we) like them:

Joshua David, Samuel Aaron, Michael Jacob, Noah Matthew & Isaac Benjamin

other names I like : Ethan, Levi, Sebastian, Dominic, Benedict, Reuben, Daniel, Thomas, Barnabas, Timothy, Nathan, Caspar, Abraham, Noel, Raphael, Christopher, Gabriel, Elijah

I love Kit! DS2 (5 months) is called Ralph and I get people saying what a cool, uncommon name, but am also biased. His middle name is Hector. I also like Milo. I like Rudy, Rui and Luca as well.

Tobias

Lucas/Luca

Lewis

Eskino Tue 15-Jan-13 16:44:00

Felix. Very cool name.

FairyJen Tue 15-Jan-13 16:50:24

Why don't you see what he looks like? My ds is an old soul bless him hence George Edward. ( very military and spiffing grin )

I do like kit / Christopher tho which could also be topher.

invicta Tue 15-Jan-13 16:51:39

ranulph

Crispin

Jude

Josiah

Nathaniel

Theodore

Benedict

Gene

Glen

Glyn

MyFriendGoo Tue 15-Jan-13 16:57:39

I love so many of these!! Noted on Jobie (which I really didn't like and now have a great reason to strike off DH's list!!) Visualise out of interest does anyone make a Bob Dylan connection? It's actually a name we both agree on but we didn't want everyone to think that was why we picked it!

MyFriendGoo Tue 15-Jan-13 16:59:45

Fairy we are hoping to make a master list of about five and then see how he looks when he arrives smile

orangepudding Tue 15-Jan-13 17:07:25

I don't think many would make the Bob Dylan connection, Dylan is quite popular at the moment and a fab name.

How about Oscar?

I met a Ziggy a couple of weeks ago, thought it was a cool name and the kids did look very cool - he however was a bit pretentious!

eggs11 Tue 15-Jan-13 17:12:31

all the Max's I know are very snotty and wet! Same goes for Harry's, olivers, etc. Nothing about them stands out!

Jobie is AWFUL! Barnaby is worse. Makes me think bear.

I don't mind Henry, still a bit in the wet brigade though.

Love Milo though smile

I don't think biblical names are boring at all amazingmum I know a Jonah and Noah that are both very 'cool' boys. Same as Joshua.

eggs11 Tue 15-Jan-13 17:13:26

I know so many Dylans. And working in a school - they're all naughty! And yes Bob Dylan is the first thing that came to mind!

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 15-Jan-13 17:26:49

Gabriel
Jasper
Etienne (that might only work if you're a bit French though?)
Aneurin
Ciaran

Alisvolatpropiis Tue 15-Jan-13 17:28:55

I like Henry and Max. Don't like any of the other names.

SignoraStronza Tue 15-Jan-13 17:34:37

Samael
Dexter

amazingmumof6 Tue 15-Jan-13 17:41:40

eggs11 good you agree, I don't think they are boring either (as proven by our actual choices smile) but I know people who do, that's why I said....

another one Simeon

LST Tue 15-Jan-13 17:43:23

Liam

Assajjventress Tue 15-Jan-13 17:50:17

Alex though popular is a cool name most Alex's I know have been cool

CheeseStrawWars Tue 15-Jan-13 17:58:10

Surely the person makes their name "cool", not the other way around? The Fonz was cool, right? You could call you kid Fonzie, or point out to your DH that the actor's real name was Henry....

farmersdaugther Tue 15-Jan-13 17:59:11

Merlin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now